Sporting C.P. vs Os Belenenses Liga Sagres 7a Jornada [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by PassItOn, Oct 4, 2009.

1. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Competição: Liga Portuguesa
    (7ª jornada)
    Local: Estádio José Alvalade
    Data: 04-10-2009 | Hora: 18h00

Patheic 0-0 tie at home, If PB stays another game we might as well
    give up hopes for a UEFA cup spot next year.

This guy is bring down the level of this great club.

2. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yes hes doing horribly, but honestly i doubt well ever win the league with a team full of juniores. theyd all rather be playing in mid level english or spanish teams.

change coach, bring in some vetaran players.

3. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    You need to have a mixture, look at the teams from our last league titles.
    They were all a mix of old, and youth.
    However Bettencourt doesn't have balls to fire PB so were stuck with this crap for the season.

4. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I hate Sporting but this is just pathetic to see how a President allows this crap to happen.....Sporting playing like shit totally brings down the excitement in the league. However, im not complaining :D

5. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yup I agree. i dont wanna scrap the youth, but just bring in some veterans make a better mix out there between youth and veterans and wed get better results.

6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I got to say, Caicedo showed more danger in the last 20 minutes that he was on then Positga was able to create bar that header he missed. He needs to play more.

Interestingly enough, Caicedo came on when Bento wasn't at the helm. Perhaps there is a little rift.

7. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Of course you'd be in here running your mouth... AGAIN. Its cool, have fun watching your team play Liga Corrupt the rest of your life as your team obviously ain't going anywhere in Europe.

8. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How the fu*ck am I running my mouth? Why do you constantly take things the wrong way? You guys playing like crap and your president sticking by a lame duck manager makes the league look less appealing....fact or fiction? Fact. Its talking football.....something you rarely do.

As for the other shit....same ol shit...get new material.

9. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    this will be paulo bentos last season for sure.

I have a feeling manuel fernandes (leiria) will be our coach next season.

anyways, benfica fans can have their fun in liga sagres. as long as we go farther in europa league (a clean competition) im happy.

btw in this game sporting also had 1 clear penalty denied (handball), and another dubious incident on a foul on angulo (i wouldnt have called it tho).

even in defeat, we are righteous.

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    haha...Preach!

11. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This crisis is actually good for sporting.

paulo bento has made 0 progress with sporting in 4 years.
    a couple of good taca de portugal wins, thats it.

his best season, by far, was 2006-07 when we were robbed yet again of a title (ronnys handball in the pacos -sporting game gave us 1 out of only 2 loses)

since then in the leagues he has been shit

the only reason why paulo bento stayed is because he finished ahead of benfica. benfica now bought a whole new team and took some tips from their northern kinsmen in blue and now we see the results.

if this crises continues the board will be pressured to get a new coach and real progress has a chance of coming to our team. when porto wins sporting doesnt reall care, sporting competes mostly against benfica cuz both are from lisbon and sporting and benfica are still the main clubs in the country. porto is a club thats been corrupt for years and living off their suggar daddy PDC so sportinguistas never take that small club seriously.

12. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We bow to this post above. Because he is a Legend. Legend.

13. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    L0L. That "small club" has been European Champions twice and won the UEFA Cup recently. 3 more titles than your "bigger" team. Aren't they what you consider "clean competitions" so how did PDC manage to bring his corrupt refs into UEFA? There has to be a way!

14. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So now the league suddenly isnt as important? LOL. So after preaching the whole damn off season about how you guys been ahead of us for the past 4 or so years in the league...now the league isnt as important....oh ok. So when Sporting finished ahead of Benfica these 4 years im sure no dubious calls went in your favor...of course not...sporting is perfect :rolleyes:

15. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    you run your mouth because you're constantly trolling these boards with NOTHING but negative insults. We get it. you don't like sporting. You can't really argue about me talking football when all you do is name-call in this forum (in addition to your trolling). Your shit is getting really old really fast. You offer absolutely nothing constructive in this forum, so just stay out of it.

16. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well if you have a strangle hold on your domestic league (through shady dealings and corruption) over the years youd expect to win a couple of european titles.

whats more impressive - Sporting made the final of UEFA 2005 in an epoch in which they have been greatly predjudiced. it shows our strength as a club. if we were the dominant force in Portugal for several years youd see what wed do in europe.

the fact Porto has more european titles, and still is a smaller club says it all. Porto lives off its sugar daddy PDC, Sporting was Big from the beginning and until the end.

pretty much. in fact many calls unsurprisingly went against us as they continue to do so with yet another clear penalty denied in this belenenses match, many calls in the past four years such as Ronny from Pacos scoring with his hand in 2006/07 to give Sporting 1 out of only 2 defeats all league season. Sporting lost the league title due to this horrible call, if it was a 0-0 tie we would have been champions.

17. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Well Sporting directors, and PB primarily aren't doing what needs to be done at LFPF. They need the LFV, nad PDC method. BUY THEM OFF.

18. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    :D This would be funny is it came from Benfica fans.

FCP is respected in europe. Sporting is called Sporting Lisbon. No one really cares to know what the real name is. Just some club who loses to crappy teams from other leagues.

If you think Sporting was capable of winning the league in the last 4 years, you are in LALA land. This Season, Sporting will be lucky if they can finish ahead of Braga.

19. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Yeah, um, no. Lyon and Olympiakos are just two teams that come to mind that would testify pretty hard against that.

20. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    french and greek clubs have always been shit in europe.

sporting has 1 cwc thats already more than any greek shit team ever won in europe. but benfica likes to make them look good.

21. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    wow good argument.

FC Internazionale is called Inter Milan, are they a small club too?

your in lala land. did you follow the 06/07 season, I dont think you read my posts.

but then again portistas arent the sharpest fans in the world. the fact anyone can seriously support Porto says alot about their character , if they knowingly been supporting a team thats actually been caught for corruption and anyone who watches league games regularily can see the Blue and white stain of corruption all over it.

Sporting is not about winning, I dont care about Braga being ahead of us. its actually funny, the #1 team in Portugal atm actually stole its name from Sporting because they wanted to be great like us. just another example of the fact why Sporting is a myth, a legend of a club born from greatness and always will be great, while a small pathetic club like Porto gets to the top by suggardaddies and apito dourados.

22. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Z187 bud, you really love this dont you :D:D

23. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Classic Euro, I love it. ;)

24. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Wow, great job there. Insult all the Porto fans, question our character and call Porto a pathtic small club. Then you claim Sporting Braga stole their name from Sporting too. Lots of copy cats then. I guess FC Barcelona stole their name from FC Porto :rolleyes:

If Sporting is not about winning, then why are you so upset that Sporting isn't winning?

I followed every season and guess what, Sporting just keep on claiming to get robbed. That's all we ever hear. If you don't care about winning why do you always cry when Sporting don't win yet when Sporting wins you don't complain.

When Sporting last won the league title, we all know it was with lots of "help" and never really cried about it. The Sporting fans were acting like Sporting was the greatest team, then reality set in and it was only a temporary lapse for Porto. Face it, Sporting are not on Porto's level. Do you have any other argument then "apito dourado, sugardaddy"??? We've been hearing this from you for ages now. It's getting really old.

Small Clubs get raped by Bayern, small clubs don't make it to the CL, small clubs lose to mediocre teams from other countries, small clubs don't win the Champions League....... Shall I go on?

25. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #1.

its true. look it up. Braga took the name sporting to honour our greatness, just like many other clubs in Portugal did. noone wanted to emulate FC Port0 because they were born a small club and always were small until their suggardaddy Pinto da Costa arrived in the 1980s.

Sporting is about hardwork, dedication, devotion, and glory. winning is expected to come out of this process alone, without the help of external influences.

becaue we play to win but refs and corruption prevent us from winning trophies

#4.

Ah I see. the one time in your life (assuming) Porto went on a barren run its because of Sporting birbing refs. You are right, Sporting is not on Porto's level. we are above it and always have been. we do not sink to the lows Porto does just to make a name for itself.

Small clubs are clubs that barely win anything until suddenly a suggar daddy comes in, Small clubs are strictly local or regional until a bunch of bandwagon fans emerge. Sportings Greatness is Eternal, it began even before 1 July 1906 and continues today.