Spirit 2017

Discussion in 'Washington Spirit' started by lil_one, Apr 24, 2017.

1. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its things like this prank that are hopefully bonding players off-the-field. From the outside, team chemistry seems like it can use all the help it can get.

2. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    I don't know if team chemistry is a big issue this season. Might've been last season, with so many players competing for places. This season, the team has clearer roles -- developing rookies, veteran leaders, etc.

That's the upside of having a lot less depth. The downside ... they have a lot less depth.

3. Airox

Airox Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Pugh made her debut! And seemed to do fairly well for less than a week of training with the team. I don't expect them to all of a sudden be a playoff team, but maybe they can pull themselves off of the bottom?

4. KDraw

KDraw Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Great match on July 8th versus the Pride. Drove 2 hours one way to see Marta and Alex Morgan play. I'm glad I did. Lifetime game of the week...huge crowd...pumped up fans. Fantastic atmosphere. It's definitely a lot more exciting watching a match where the stadium (main soccerplex field in this case) is full.

CoachJon and blissett repped this.
  5. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Wow--embarrassing lack of interest here in the Spirit. What gives? Of course, one or two fans can keep a thread alive, but even that is missing here. Sad!

6. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    They're all on Twitter.

sitruc repped this.
  7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steven Goff‏Verified account @SoccerInsider 5h5 hours ago