SPECTOR: YA article Part 2

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by 2ndstarright, Nov 16, 2005.

1. 2ndstarright

2ndstarright New Member

Feb 29, 2004
    The Chi
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    awsome!

3. kinstlinger

kinstlinger Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Baltimore
    Kid's gonna be a star..

4. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Reading the posts of Spector's performance was in general unimpressive like what's the hype? But when you are 18 barely at ManU under a year and get mentioned by SAF as part of the Ronaldo, Rooney future of ManU. He should be the poster boy of US soccer. He has all the physical gift to make him a top line player but what makes him special is his demeanor and attitude. Nothing intimidates him. starting in the EPL, Going against the best players in the world. Going up against Wayne and Ruud. You can't any better training. If he gets call back by ManU in January and man their backline, how can you not pencil him at LB. Maybe for next 12 years barring injury.

5. R1234

R1234 New Member

Sep 11, 2005
    home
    uh-oh..hes going british on us :p

6. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
    I will stake my one bar of reputation that in 15 years he will be considered the best American player of all-time..
    I like him at LB now but when he reaches his late twenties I think he should move to the center.. I'll never forget his performace at the U-17, he was a monster..

7. lillefty7

lillefty7 New Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Bismarck
    that article was just grand!

8. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Good read.

"and my left foot is as good as my right as I have worked on that a lot in training."

Please show us more of that left foot the next time you bring the ball up field.

9. tkgunn

tkgunn Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NJ
    Spector and Onyewu will make a very nice pairing for the next 10 years.

10. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    IMO the only thing that stands in his way is Adu living up to the hype.

11. Beantowner

Beantowner Member

Aug 19, 2005
    HK / Shanghai / NY
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: SPECTOR: Not headed back to Manu in January

From the Belfast Telegraph, more on the Glazer's dismantling of ManU and citing the specific loan structure of Spector as an example:

"There is also nothing new in United loaning out players. Eleven, including recent signing Foster at Watford, are currently playing for other clubs, the same as last season, and fewer than the year before. Ferguson knows the value of "toughening-up" experience, as David Beckham once had at Preston. But the difference this year, according to a source, is the way the loan deals have been structured, to save United money but possibly to the club's detriment.

How? One source says that Charlton, for example, are paying all of Jonathan Spector's high United salary - as opposed to the usual fraction of it - while he is on his season-long loan at The Valley, but on the condition he cannot be recalled, even in a crisis like the current one over injuries."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/premiership/story.jsp?story=669697

12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He also said Curbishley is different TO, rather than different FROM, Fergie.

13. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA

he has a clause in his loan contract that allowed him to be recalled in Jan

14. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I thought the same thing, but I've now seen this new information pop up. Maybe this portion of the loan deal wasn't public knowledge... although you'd think with some of Spector's agent's previous comments that he'd have just come out and say "The terms of the loan deal prevent Spector from leaving Charlton until the end of the season."

Hope there's some sort of clarification on this....

15. R1234

R1234 New Member

Sep 11, 2005
    home

how high is his salary?

16. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio

Spector's agent has constantly said he could be recalled by ManU. come the January window.

17. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca

If I were Spector, I'd try to get Mandy Moore's phone number...chicks dig the English accent, and mop-do.. :)

18. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA

Kiera Knightley is probably more accesible. being English and all. Except she's a West Ham supporter so that may not go down well

19. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX

I bet he bags both at the same time! :D

Spector...Spector...Spector!!!!

There was this thread about who the next US Star is going to be....well boys/girls....I think we've got him... ;)

As for the accent he's just doing it cause the chicks dig it....when you're 18...I don't care who you are....it's about the chicks bro... LOL!!!

20. Beantowner

Beantowner Member

Aug 19, 2005
    HK / Shanghai / NY
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In that case bro, he'd be much better off in England sticking with his Yank accent. For whatever reason, he may be pulling a Friedel. ;-(