Spector Will Start Saturday at RB

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Batcave Brigade, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Batcave Brigade

Batcave Brigade New Member

Aug 11, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    He should start at right back at least the first three matches as Lucas Neil has picked up a knee injury. West Ham vs Man City 10 AM EST live on FSC

2. Kyonn

Kyonn New Member

Dec 24, 2004
    I'm not really sure if this is good or bad news. He really needs to find a set position and a team-maybe in the colaship-that will let him play it on a consistant basis.

3. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spector has been waving the magic wand again! We should of known! :D

4. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    I'd like to hear the West Ham fans chant when Spector gets the ball: "Voodoo, voodoo" :)

As far as set position- apparently he's the first of the bench guy right now.
    All he can do is play his guts out, and hope his performance is good enough to knock someone off permanently.

Lucas Neill has got to be a worry some to Hammer fans. When a guy starts back-2-back injuries (assuming this knee injury is fairly serious), it could be a longer term issue for him (staying healthy period)

5. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bet Spector's mom knows someone that knows someone that knows someone that you know ... handles problems like that.

6. LILGRAMPS13

LILGRAMPS13 New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Hammond In
    good to know ill watch the game

7. FCmagic01

FCmagic01 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Spector looked good in the GC....he should cement a place w/ West Ham this year.

8. olephill2

olephill2 Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jonathan Spector is good enough to start for a lower level Premiership side. I don't think he needs to move to a Colaship side to get playing time. Besides, the competition will be good for him.

9. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bet she's a santaria priestess

10. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Maybe the Spector/West Ham chant can be that song "I don't want no Santeria.....". Its a catchy tune! (they can just re-write the lyrics to include Spector, broken legs, and his moms with dolls!)

11. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I wish we'd kept track of these mysterious "injuries" other West Ham defenders pick up. It would make quite a list.

12. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    John Spector's mom should seriously be the most highly revered person on the West Ham defense. I would be bringing tribute by the carriage loads to appease her if i was anywhere on that back four