SPECTOR:West Ham res. vs. Watford res. 8-29-06(R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by 2ndstarright, Aug 29, 2006.

1. 2ndstarright

2ndstarright New Member

Feb 29, 2004
    The Chi
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. sabretarheel

sabretarheel Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Anyone able to follow this one live?

3. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
  4. 2ndstarright

2ndstarright New Member

Feb 29, 2004
    The Chi
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

not sure...

5. 2ndstarright

2ndstarright New Member

Feb 29, 2004
    The Chi
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Hammerette

Hammerette Member

Jun 21, 2006
    England
    I went to the game, they reserves are now playing at Bishops Stortford FC so it was the first time out for Hammers players and spectators.

Spector played at RB in a team which was basically the youth team and three senior players him, GK Robert Green and DM Christian Daily. His fellow backline consisted of 2 CH who were 16 & 17 and a LB who was 17 so he wasn't surrounded by experienced players. It was a terrible scrappy match which Watford deservedly won 0-1 and to be honest no one on the West Ham side had a great game.

IMO Spector was quite a way off being match fit, he was having to take on fluid first half and was asking the assistant ref when the half was going to end. He was subbed after 65 mins which was to be expected with his level of fitness. I thought he made some good headed clearances in the box and showed good passing vision although the execution was a little off target on occasion. I wont judge him on that outing but at least he's started playing. I liked his overall demeanor and I'm sure next time I see him play his performance will be improved.

7. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the first-hand account. It's just good to see that he's playing again and can take the contact. Hopefully his improvement will be exponential.

8. Godalfree

Godalfree New Member

Apr 17, 2004
    New Orleans
    Can someone remind me where Spector was injured. Was it shoulder?

9. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Yes.

10. Godalfree

Godalfree New Member

Apr 17, 2004
    New Orleans
    Quick responce. Thanks.

11. rpi-fan

rpi-fan New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Troy, NY
    Thanks for the account. Seems too bad, to me, that he already looks like he's being pigeonholed as a right fullback. For older guys I think it's great for them to play one and only position (see: Cherundolo, Steve), but for younger guys I think they're better served being bounced around position-wise.

12. Hammerette

Hammerette Member

Jun 21, 2006
    England
    For what it's worth Pardew is not adverse to playing people in a position that is not their usual one, eg Ferdinand in midfield or Mullins at CH, so Spector may yet become our star striker :)

13. Batcave Brigade

Batcave Brigade New Member

Aug 11, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Pantsil is out the next 3 matches with a dodgy knee so Spector should at least be on the bench for the next match.

14. Hammerette

Hammerette Member

Jun 21, 2006
    England
    Well the next game is a fortnight away so by that time his match fitness will be much better than it was last night. There is a stiffs games he can play in before the Villa match.

15. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA

a what game? sorry, I'm not familiar with that phrase :eek:

16. Hammerette

Hammerette Member

Jun 21, 2006
    England
    The only meaning of stiffs I know is a reserve game but if there is another do tell :D

17. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA

:eek:

sorry, this is a family friendly board :D

18. RSwenson

RSwenson Member

Feb 1, 2000
    Tell that to the people down at the mortuary;)

rand

19. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    doesn't it also mean someone who is not good at the task he is attempting? i thought it was a mild derogatory comment on the second teamers. so i'm with hammerette.