Spector Recall?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by special_k, Jan 1, 2006.

1. special_k

special_k Red Card

Aug 5, 2004
    Brunswick/Cle, OH
    Any word on Spector coming back from Charlton? I honestly cant see why not. Everyone else that has been put at LB either hasnt been a real LB or has been utter sh1te.

Fergie might as well try and bring him back. Even though hes not even getting many minutes at Charlton as is, I think he could at least provide something.

Opinions?

2. listen_up_fergie

listen_up_fergie New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Montreal
    I don't think he's ready yet...if he isn't managing to hold down a regular place at Charlton I would question whether he is ready for first team action with us. He's better off on the Charlton bench than with our reserves IMO.

3. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Honestly Spector got a bad break with the early injury but had fought back through that. He's earned a starting spot at Charlton, but they recently suffered a 4 goal shellacking and the manager wanted to make an example out of someone. Despite one or zero of those goals being Spectors fault (depending upon how you blame Spector, the center back or goal keeper for that goal), Spector became the scape-goat for that debacle. The manager dropped him to get his team's attention. Unfortunate, but I'd think the manager realizes Spector is one of his best defenders and will put Spector back on the field again soon. I actually expect Spector to get a lot of valuable playing time for Charlton in 2006, so I'd rather he not be recalled this season.

-Digital

4. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Spector wont be recalled, but I think he'd be a sight better at LB than Richardson though. Oh well.

5. RhythmandGangsta1825

Jan 8, 2005
    Utica,New York
    Chris Powell is the starting LB for Charlton btw...like I said he would be at the beginning of the season...Curbishley is going with what he knows.

6. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was excited when O'Shea and Richardson were in the team w/ Silvestre and no Smith, I assumed FINALLY Richardson in Central midfield, where he belongs, only to see him at Left Back, caught in the confusion on the Speed goal.

7. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Like most of you have already said, there's no need to recall him and quite frankly from what I've seen of him at Charlton he wouldn't be much better than Richardson.

8. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The citeh match seems to be his undoing. I watched the game where three of the four goals were scored by balls splitting the CB's and the other was scored by Sinclair who beat Spector on the dribble. Then his shot from an acute angle squirmed under Kiely(who should have saved it) ended up being the difference in the match. Then the game after that the goals they gave up against Wigan were terrible and Spector wasn't even in the squad.

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Exactly. In all honesty, they can keep him for good.

10. Jayhawk

Jayhawk New Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Would that be allowed? Like if someone is on loan to another club, can his actual club recall him at any time, or does he have to remain at the loan club for the agreed-upon period? I should probably know this already.

11. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you can put a clause into the loan agreement saying that he can be recalled before the loan agreement is up, but I'm not sure if its anytime or just during transfer windows that they can be recalled.