Spector off to Charlton

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by csj1, Jul 9, 2005.

1. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you and freisland..and you and superdave
    spector and cooper story:)

spector or cooper...who is better?...
    for manchester united and for USMNT?

2. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Except when he starts drinking. Then look out!

3. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

superdave is cool guy here......LOL does he write comments only
    if he is drank?:)

4. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    ....good question. Fixed your post ( a little ) but for the answer you would have to ask the man himself..

5. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    If anyone can recite such a list, it is most definitely NOT me. I don't claim vast global knowledge of the international transfer market. All I'm saying is that if last year should have taught YA fans anything, it's that sometimes a loan simply means your club is perfectly happy to let you play for someone else.

Now, is Spector special? I think so. But I'm not one to attempt to read Ferguson's mind.

6. smock7

smock7 Member

Aug 4, 2004
    New York City
    Would anyone have any insight into what other clubs wanted him? Were they EPL teams? If you don't have any insight, would anyone have any educated guesses, based on well-communicated assumptions? My only guess is that Blackburn was probably in the thick of things since they almost got him last season.

7. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting choice of references in McBride. Not a regular starter - 75% or more of the time coming off the bench. Bocanegra has been a pretty regular starter for 18 months now. Also, not that he's played all THAT much lately, but there's also a guy named Claudio up in Manchester that's a pretty regular starter when he's healthy. And Claudio played quite a bit for Sunderland the year before.

8. 2ndstarright

2ndstarright New Member

Feb 29, 2004
    The Chi
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

From speaking with Jonathan, he said that several clubs were in fact interested in signing him for a loan deal. Some of the clubs he mentioned were Blackburn, West Brom and Bolton.

9. SpeedyOne

SpeedyOne New Member

Jul 12, 2005

Of course you're right, my mistake, West Brom. :D

10. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hello ....england66.....unfortunately i can not find this thread
    about "the pecking order"...englnd66...you seems to have many
    secret theories....i´m curious about them ....well you come from country
    where soccer has long tradition....similar to me:).....
    im interested in FACT of life of life at big clubs...

your bltleo
    from Germany

11. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  12. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    Sure... it means more competition... but it shouldn't be construed as anything monumental.

Sorono's contract is owned by Inter Milan, but he was on loan to Crystal Palace last year. As a 25 year old center back, being loaned out 2 years in a row likely means that your parent club wouldn't mind if someone else picked you up. Now, this doesn't mean he's a bad player - far from it - it could just mean that he needs a change of scenery and maybe England plays to his game better than Italy.

Crystal Palace were of course relegated from the Premier League at the end of last season - and gave up the 3rd most goals in the league (concidentally they finished 3rd from bottom of the table).

As with all player situations... there is ALWAYS going to be competition... I don't care who you are or what your name is. If you are better than the others on the team at your position... you'll play. If they are better... then you sit... and deservedly so.

My personal guess is that Spector will force his way onto the team this year as a regular. Maybe not right away, but by the midseason break.

13. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Inter Milan to Crystal Palace...is kindof like the New York Yankees (of 1998-2000) to Tampa Bay Devil Rays (anytime), no? :p

14. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Just wait...right when Spector has worked his way up...SAF will call him back as 'cover' at the break..

15. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    Sadly that wouldn't suprise me...
    I even thought of putting that in my previous post since if I remember right, Ferguson does have that option built into the loan agreement.

16. Aaron d

Aaron d Member+

May 15, 2005
    Wooster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hope you don't mean Chad Marshall from Columbus being "several years older."
    FYI
    Chad Marshall: Born: August 22, 1984;
    Jonathan Spector: Born: January 3, 1986.

That puts them about a couple years apart. If couple means several then i have several arms and legs. I don't think Marshall would get that much respect anyway with his play lately. Jonathan gets plently of respect for a kid that isn't even getting major playing time on a team. Its hard to go on about a kid who just doesn't play that much. Hopefully he will get the playing time to warrant more talk and hype that he should have being in the premiership.

17. SpeedyOne

SpeedyOne New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    We unfortunately don't get to see the multiple reserve matches in which he has apparently become an up and coming star. ManU fans rate him very highly, alongside Rossi, as being the only REAL stars in the reserve pipeline. Who knows, again he hasn't had the constant daily testing of the premiership yet.

18. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which would raise the interesting question of whether "mid-season" is soon enough for da Bruce to decide to include Spector in the WC '06 mix.

19. Crestofthestars

Crestofthestars New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Er no. Rossi and Jones the reserve team Captain are the stars. Pique and Spector are promising though.

20. XYZ1234

XYZ1234 New Member

Oct 26, 2002
    Spector was actually born on March 1, 1986
    http://www.ussoccer.com/teams/teamhome_custom.sps?iType=265&icustompageid=475&mtype=8215

Your point is still correct though.

Only on BS does 18 months and a week = "several years".

Don't let facts get in the way of an argument though. :rolleyes:

21. tubby_butter

tubby_butter Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Providence
    JS seems to have done well in 45 minutes tonight.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=22392

One mention :

[​IMG]

22. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Less mullet, more Spector..

He's a shaved head, bad ass in a couple years...book it! :cool:

23. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Great to hear he got his first minutes, he needs to make the most of those opportunities to really outshine the other defenders.

24. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
  25. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    .....No one "needs" Lee Bowyer....no one....the guy is a thug and an idiot and way more trouble than he will ever be worth....there is a reason he couldn't even make England's third team for the USA trip....Sven wants no part of the idiot...ever...