SPECTOR:Boro vs Charlton FA Cup (R) 4-12-06

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by 2ndstarright, Apr 11, 2006.

1. 2ndstarright

2ndstarright New Member

Feb 29, 2004
    The Chi
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
  3. after_the_fall

after_the_fall New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    you know after Hejduk's and Albright's performances today Bruce will be paying close attention to this game, much more so than usual. And probably every other game as well. Spector moved up the depth charts today without doing a single thing a la Eddie Pope on March 22nd. Each minute he plays in the EPL, the more nails he pounds into Hejduk and/or Albrights chances on making the cup from here on out. He's got 5 games left to work with to make a point.

Sometimes reserves start these sorts of matches, but not at this stage of the FA Cup, and Charlton already have a depleted backfield. I think there is a high chance we see spector tomorrow, I hope he shows well, this ones big.

4. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    sssssshhhhiiiiid

5. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should also have a live BBC audio feed over the internet -- find the link at www.cafc.co.uk

6. JohnW

JohnW Member

Apr 27, 2001
    St. Paul
  7. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You do know that Arena is quoted in the New York Times praising Albright's performance, don't you?

8. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You can bypass the UK only feed by clicking here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/

Look on the left tool bar and click "SPORT", when the the new page comes up click "LISTEN LIVE" on the Local Radio bar.

IF you are ever blackout by a UK only feed, you can go to BBC's local sites, like London, Liverpool, Birmingham, ect. and you can usually get the feed.

9. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spector will start according to the BBC.

10. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    In the first five minutes, Charlton has been denied twice by good saves from Schwarz.

Jonny hasn't done much yet.

11. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Wicked free kick makes it 1-0 'borough in the 11th. Our boy not involved in the shot or the foul that lead to it.

12. AngelaMerkin

AngelaMerkin Member+

Dec 2, 2005
    1-1 now

Charlton just had another great chance right after the restart... crazy action

13. AngelaMerkin

AngelaMerkin Member+

Dec 2, 2005
    Spector praised by the commentators as the only one who could fill in well for the injured young... this was said after committing a foul :)

14. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Damn, I go to sign for a package and then take a piss and I come back and it's 1-1 and Spector is being lectured by the ref for a foul on Viduka.

I have no clue what happened on the goal.

15. AngelaMerkin

AngelaMerkin Member+

Dec 2, 2005
    2-1 now... for boro... sounded very ugly, no spector involvement from the sound of it

16. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    No Hr made a complete joke of it and lost the ball in his own box. Where do Char find these CBs?

17. aueagle1

aueagle1 New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Washington DC
    So far, Spector is playing adequately, but he has his hands full with Rommendal deciding to take a match off. Neither goal was his fault, but he is struggling with Viduka and his touch has not been great. It was his throw in that led to the Charlton goal. Bent should have a brace.

18. blue32828

blue32828 New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    orlando
    Spector has really been giving the ball away easily. His first touch hasn't been that good.

19. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Not the best 1st half from Spector but not the worst either.

His throw-in led directly to the Charlton goal but he had one Albright/Hejduk moment (well, it wasn't that bad) when he should have cleared the ball out instead of dribbling his way out - it resulted in a FK from a dangerous spot that came to nothing.

I would love to see him more involved in the attack but I don't think it's possible for him due to the fact that nobody on Charlton in between Bent & the backline seems interested in defense. If Spector pushed forward more I have little doubt that 'Boro would run unimpeded to goal.

20. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Spector just scored...the goal was given to him but the camera angles were terrible.

3-2 75min in favor of Boro

21. babeldaob

babeldaob Member

Jan 16, 2003
    3-2 now....

22. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wowow loduza just schooled the Charlon defense

4-2 Spector almost deflected the shoot

23. aueagle1

aueagle1 New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Washington DC
    Spector didn't score that goal... it was a back heel by someone else. That was ridiculously bad defending on the third goal. Spector seemed to be the only one who had a clue.

24. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Looked like an own goal by Southgate to me. The ball was going away from goal until it came off Southgate.

25. sabretarheel

sabretarheel Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Spector's been the most impressive of the backs in this game in my opinion. The problem with that...is that's not saying much.