Special Finance App/Software Needed

Discussion in 'Finance, Investing & Economy' started by Iceblink, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey all. I'm trying something new and educational in my classes.

I want to create some fake corporations for the students to invest in, etc.

Like.... BookSplat, Inc. or EdMonkeybutt, LLC..... I'd want them to have stock trading symbols... BSI or EMB... that kind of thing.

What I'm looking for is the ability to track the stocks as the fake investments make and lose money based on certain criteria.

Really, I'd like to have them create their own corporations and have their stocks go up and down.

I downloaded a program called Mint that's supposed to be good, but that requires you to enter real credit card or bank info. I don't want that. I want everything 100% fake.

Is there a good way to do this? I absolutely, positively don't want to use a simulator that uses real stocks. I'd like to get something better than using some excel spreadsheet to track this.

Is there anything out there that will help?

Thanks!

2. act smiley

act smiley Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Cardiff
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Hey, you still looking for something for this? I've got a bit of time coming up and there's a couple of frameworks and such I've been meaning to try out so I could put something together for you?

3. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely. I downloaded a spreadsheet that could do some limited things, but I still don't have anything decent.

I'm also looking for something where I can easily make a fake stock ticker. I downloaded a marquee creation app for ipad, but the entry is pretty labor intensive.

Anything you can help with would be great. I was starting to think no one read this forum.

Thanks.

4. act smiley

act smiley Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Cardiff
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I sent you a message about it, by the way.