Spanish League and WNT

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Patchouli, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Tapas&Fútbol

Tapas&Fútbol Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Apr 11, 2019
    Seville (Spain)
    And finally the 50/50 turned into a 100%.

Spain won the 2022 U19 EURO Championship.

16573816335275.jpg
    Congratulations to all the team members, particularly to my own “béticas” (Real Betis Féminas) Andrea Medina and María Valle.
    Also congrats to the norwegian young ladies; the showed great composure and high competitiveness.

P.S. As I said Germany were unable to defeat Spain. I really love when my predictions turn out to be correct. :laugh::ROFLMAO:

Klingo3034 and blissett repped this.
  2. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    well, can't beat them if they haven't played yet ;)

Tapas&Fútbol repped this.
  3. Tapas&Fútbol

Tapas&Fútbol Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Apr 11, 2019
    Seville (Spain)
    Juanele, maybe you didn´t understand my post. It was ironic. I was referring to the U19 final between Norway and Spain. And obviously that´s the reason it was imposible for Germany to win.
    I guess you were thinking of the senior teams. If that´s the case of course I think Germany can defeat Spain. I´m not that stupid to say they can´t.
    My expectations for today´s match are:
    Draw=65% Germany win=20%
    Spain win=15%
    I don´t take football too much seriously. I´m here to have fun and practice my English a bit. It´s better than studying grammar. :thumbsup:

4. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Without Putellas and Hermoso, we just don't have the quality to beat the top teams. And especially when we make errors that gift Germany goals.

Putellas completed her surgery, out 10 - 12 months. Doesn't look good for the World Cup for her.

5. Tapas&Fútbol

Tapas&Fútbol Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Apr 11, 2019
    Seville (Spain)
    There is no need for pessimism. According to L’Équipe, Fifa are eager to delay the tournament a few months.
    ¡¡Keeping my fingers crossed!!. :)

6. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

JanBalk repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, that's quite a bomb. :eek:

No idea about the reasons?

8. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #508 Lechus7, Aug 29, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    I would think players consider that Vilda has run out of ideas (I don't think Lopez from U20 is better btw) and it's dead end for NT. :unsure: Looks like they are also unhappy with how National Women's Football president del Amo is running things. Nerea Eizagirre critique of Vilda opened can of worms.

JanBalk repped this.
  9. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

10. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That's a biiiiiig oops :speechless:

11. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    A delegation of Spanish national team players has asked Vilda to resign.

Vilda refused, stating that he intends to fulfill his two-year contract. (till 2024)

12. kribi

kribi Member

Lyon
    France
    Jan 21, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    less than 1 year before WCup, what a mess :eek:

13. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    It seems to be a recurring theme in woso of player revolts forcing the head coach to quit. More so than in the men's game. At Barcelona, the players threw their last coach under the bus even after all that success.

blissett repped this.
  14. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Players have spoken then - among other things - about injury prone environment under Cortes, but I'm not sure if forcing him out of Barca made much difference in the end - in case of players minutes management.
    Barca's injury list under Giraldez remians long none the less:

15. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Well, in Barcelona you have a special case with arguably the longest league season in Europe, long runs in various cup competitions domestic and abroad AND the added burden of the same group of players making up the backbone of the national team. Even if there is certain rotation in the squad, not many women players are used to this kind of match schedule. It's a challenge for the medical team as well, I'm sure.

Caro Hansen mentioned 'fatigue' as a key reason for taking a break from Norway's NT recently.

blissett, SiberianThunderT and Lechus7 repped this.
  16. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Lucy Bronze has a Portuguese passport because her father is Portuguese. So, she is a EU citizen as far as I am aware?

Lechus7 repped this.
  17. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yep as long as she has requested it.

BarryfromEastenders and Lechus7 repped this.
  18. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I wonder if this problem is limited to EU-UK agreements only, or if it applies to other non-EU countries. The case of Geyse seems to suggest this. There is a sizable contingent of South American and Central American players in the league, if they were suddenly left without a club (and a paycheck) then La Liga could be facing dozens of lawsuits.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  20. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

21. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    1565425587086311426 is not a valid tweet id

22. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Wonder how this will play out as they head towards the WC next year.

23. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    KAPIJXM and Bauser repped this.
  24. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    "Aitana let RM qualify for UWCL so they can knock out City, so Barca can sign Walsh. Aitana got a level 5000 big brain" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    [​IMG]

kribi and blissett repped this.
  25. bigsoccertst1

bigsoccertst1 Member+

United States
    Sep 22, 2017
    Oh Liga Femenina Espanola, welcome to "full pro league" status.

Now we see why Spanish federation dragged its feet to legalize its women's league professional status, which it finally did in March 2022.

Spanish first division matches are postponed indefinitely. A female referees' labor strike was announced 2 days ago.
    https://elpais.com/deportes/2022-09...de-forma-indefinida-el-inicio-de-la-liga.html
    http://refereeingworld.blogspot.com/2022/09/female-referees-strike-ahead-of-spanish.html

Players must show up for each match and remain 30 minutes on the pitch, regardless of referees' absence, to avoid a forfeit loss. Today's match broadcast of Atletico Madrid v Real Sociedad was a sad picture that will reoccur during tomorrow's matches.
    https://www.realsociedad.eus/es/noticias/detalle/encuentro-aplazado

Female referees demand higher salaries+work stipends, now that 1st div league is full pro. Spanish Fed says that referee salary expenditure must remain at 3300 eur per match.
    Female referee pay per match, before and after pro league status:
    Main referee: 300 eur --> 1600 eur
    Assistant referee: 168 eur --> 800 eur
    Fourth official: ??? eur --> ??? eur

With 30 league matches, female referee seasonal pay is:
    Main: 48K eur
    Assistant: 24K eur
    Total league expenditure: 768K eur

Female referees argue that their new salaries are still low, after Social Security deductions are applied.

Let us see how far this goes, as broadcasters have already paid for delivery of league matches.