Spanish League and WNT

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Patchouli, Jul 27, 2011.

1. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Was meaning to post this ages ago!

Espanyol up to 2nd Division: It looked like relegation for the Barcelona-based club in the Primera Division, but they survived. Instead, the Espanyol B-team won promotion from the 3rd to the 2nd Division in their playoff in August. So, maybe they had the A-team and B-team confused all along. The other lucky clubs going up to the Segunda are La Solana, Aldaia CF, and Joventut Almassora.

Nothing is Real: So, in 2019, there was excited hubbub for Real Madrid finally starting out in women's football, taking over Tacon, and running the team funded by Real Madrid, and broadcast on Real Madrid TV, and wearing Real Madrid logos before deleting them from the jersey after they lost 9-1 in their first match...
    ...So, that wasn't Real Madrid at all. But there's this new team, Real Madrid Women (est. July 2020), with a great history going all the way back to last week. :rolleyes: I give up.

BTW, @soccernutter, just wondering - if you met someone who lied and/or didn't know literally the first thing about the team they claimed to support, what advice would you give that person? Thanks
    www.bigsoccer.com/posts/38647474 (It didn't evem seem abnormal at the time...)

TimB4Last repped this.
  2. pierre bezukhov

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Hey, is there anywhere where people outside of Spain can watch these games live? Last year on the Primera Iberdrola website they would at least list the channels inside Spain showing the games, but this year I can't seem to find anything.

I apologise in advance for my ignorance if there is an obvious answer to this question.

sweepsit, blissett and sbahnhof repped this.
  3. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Not a silly question at all, even some clubs were hazy on that last year. It ended in court!

Sevilla's channel is definitely streaming some of their matches - they also did for the away semifinal in the Copa de la Reina, at Barcelona

6-0: derrota del Sevilla FC Femenino en las semifinales de Copa ante un FC Barcelona muy superior
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB0v_YiJ3r8

This was last week's, in the league (week 2):

Sevilla FC - Athletic Bilbao, 10 Oct 2020
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HLdIfr-s9U
    [​IMG]

If you can watch online "the Spanish way", the public broadcaster RTVE is showing/streaming 18 games this season, which is new:
    https://www.rfef.es/noticias/rtve-ofrecera-18-partidos-primera-iberdrola
    Gol TV still has the most matches, many of which show up later on a Youtube channel, Women Also Play.
    There's up-to-date info every week on Karlyboy71's TV page.
    Other clubs were streaming some games last season on their channels - Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao, and Real Madrid - but not sure about now.

4. pierre bezukhov

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Thanks for that. It appears to me that the Spanish League does seem to have very little interest in actually showing their games, which is a shame.

5. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    As a spanish men myself, that makes me sick, really :mad:

6. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016