Spanish League and WNT

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Patchouli, Jul 27, 2011.

1. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    They're up – the Liga Femenina will welcome Galicia's Deportivo and Madrid's Tacón in 2019/20, after they won the playoffs in the second division.

[​IMG] [​IMG] Tacón's opponents Santa Teresa were 1-0 up after the 1st leg, but Tacón won the return game 2-0 with some extreme diving.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Deportivo won against Femarguín of the Canary Islands, 6-1 on aggregate. (Archived)

A note on the refereeing rules for playoffs – the ref is from the home team's region, unless the visitors request a ref from a neutral region, which happened in both games at the weekend.

2. Tapas&Fútbol

Tapas&Fútbol Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Apr 11, 2019
    Seville (Spain)
    Just a little clarification:
    Coach Vilda feels he doesn’t need Vero Boquete (I don’t agree with him; specially in a game against USWNT).
    Coach Vilda feels he doesn’t need Angela Sosa, wich has been the MVP during the last season in Spain (I disagree with him again).
    And finally I feel SpainWNT don’t need Mr. Jorge Vilda at all (I’m quite sure Vilda disagree with me here but I don’t know Vero’s and Angela’s opinions). :D

flax, kolabear and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  3. Tapas&Fútbol

Tapas&Fútbol Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Apr 11, 2019
    Seville (Spain)
    Request and pay for it.

4. Tapas&Fútbol

Tapas&Fútbol Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Apr 11, 2019
    Seville (Spain)
    Both, Patri Guijarro and Aitana Bonmatí, made the final list. :):thumbsup:

I think you are absolutely right. Given her age and experience, the panamanian referee, “whose name I do not care to remember”, showed “some quite worrying lack of maturity” and seemed too much biased against the spanish girls. :ROFLMAO:

blissett repped this.
  5. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who do you think would be a good coach for Spain's women's national team?

Tapas&Fútbol repped this.
  6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it does seems like Coach Vilda wants to turn his squad into the Stepford Wifes(thus dropping free spirited players like Vero & Bermudez). doubt if he'll get fired even if he flops again, since he's in also head of the highly successfll youth program.

found this vid on Sosa, but it don't come with any highlights of the "Wild One"
    Ángela Sosa, nuevo fichaje del Atlético de Madrid Féminas - YouTube

here's a question; is the tiki taka the official tactic that all Spanish NT's(both youth & senior, bro & woso) must or compelled to play?

Tapas&Fútbol and kolabear repped this.
  7. Tapas&Fútbol

Tapas&Fútbol Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Apr 11, 2019
    Seville (Spain)
    My top 5 would be:
    1º Pedro Martínez Losa.
    2º José Luis Sánchez Vera.
    3ª María del Mar Fernández Mon (better known as María Pry).
    4º Ángel Villacampa.
    5º Cristian Toro.

In my opion all of them have convincingly demonstrated their capabilities at the professional level.

kolabear and KAPIJXM repped this.
  8. Tapas&Fútbol

Tapas&Fútbol Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Apr 11, 2019
    Seville (Spain)
    I doubt it too. :D
    The funniest thing is that I don´t consider Vilda a clueless coach. In fact I think he’s above the average but there are some better options.
    Jorge Vilda has been very successful with the younger teams but I think that youth soccer and senior soccer are two very different animals

Obviously that’s only a journalist expression but as far as I know the answer is yes. “Tiki taka” is the official and strongly recommended (not to say compulsoy) philosophy.

blissett repped this.
  9. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll have to look them up and find out more about them. Any outsiders? Foreign coaches who you think would work while bringing a fresh outsider's perspective?

10. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. In other words, Barcelona's school of philosophy has won the bureaucratic battle at the national level. There isn't fierce pushback from the Madrid crowd?

11. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Why would there be? For a period of 6 years they were the most dominating team in the world by a long ways (in the mens game).

12. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Real Madrid's had some strong spells, too. But I think mabe the more plausible answer is Barcelona did it with more homegrown field players, perhaps? While Real Madrid tended to look for more foreign players? When it comes to the women, it just occurred to me, it also makes sense that Barca would have more influence because Real Madrid hasn't even bothered to field a women's team.

13. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    The core of the mens national team was Barcelona (Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, David Villa). Madrid did supply the captain in Casillas and he was a significant figure in keeping the club rivalries away from the national team. I think that leadership spread somewhat to the fans as well as there wasn't strife like there was in previous years.

I believe Real Madrid started a women's team recently. They have a lot of catching up to do but it depends on how much resources they want use to build up their program.

Tapas&Fútbol and blissett repped this.
  14. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    #314 sbahnhof, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Wow, the RFEF federation really knows how to make some profitzz$$

Nope
    - https://en.as.com/en/2019/03/08/football/1552048966_107424.html (Archived)

Them and Borussia Dortmund, pictured earlier

Word on the street/web is, Real will take over Madrid CFF eventually. It's just as well the CFF team avoided relegation this season.

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so do you feel that the tiki taka is still an adequated tactic to play?

I'm not a big fan of the mens Euro Championship; one time, mighty Greece won it, only not to qualify for the WC two years later(same with Denmark in the 90's). Last time, the Ronaldo less Portugal won it.

Spain faired poorly last couple of WC's. Germany might of won 2014, but failed misreably in 2018 with the same type of tactic.

not that any specific tactic has been the most successful in womens, the US maintains it's success due to TITLE IX. Then just about all the WC finalists have come out of countries with large populations. Only exceptions were Norway in the 90's & Sweden making the finals in 2003

16. Tapas&Fútbol

Tapas&Fútbol Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Apr 11, 2019
    Seville (Spain)
    Could I have Norio Sasaki?. :) Only kidding. I know he’s retired. Frankly I don’t care about the coach’s nationality, genre, etc…(in fact Cristian Toro is argentinian). It’s only that I mainly follow Liga Iberdrola and I know those coaches far better. From NWSL, I’d choose immediately Vlatko Andonowski or Laura Harvey for Real Betis Féminas and would observe what they can do in Spain.

blissett and kolabear repped this.
  17. Tapas&Fútbol

Tapas&Fútbol Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Apr 11, 2019
    Seville (Spain)
    As Juanele said, when you’re wining people become much less critical of you but even considering that and the fact that Vicente del Bosque was a former Real Madrid player and coach I can remember some quite unpleasant comments. Of course after 2014 the criticism raised exponentially.

18. Tapas&Fútbol

Tapas&Fútbol Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Apr 11, 2019
    Seville (Spain)
    Well, maybe they learned from The Best (FIFA or UEFA). :D

I wonder if the fact that Barça Femeni reached the UWCL 2019 final has something to do with this. :cool:

blissett and kolabear repped this.
  19. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Del Bosque played a very conservative possession game. What is Tiki Taka anyway? It is just a short passing possession game in essence. Guardiola actually hates the term and everyone seems to associate it with him.

The reality is that every system of play is only as successful as the players that you have. If you have Xavi and Iniesta then you play a possession game. If you have an Mbappe then you maybe play a more direct, counter type of game to utilize his pace and ability to exploit space. So do I feel that tiki-taka is still an adequate way to play? Yes, like any system, but only if you have the proper players for it.

Tapas&Fútbol, KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  20. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    That, and also the Barcelona vice-president said it's a pity Real doesn't have a women's team... He's targeting their fragile male egos! (Probably more effective than trash-talk)

21. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
  22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tapas&Fútbol, kolabear and blissett repped this.
  23. Tapas&Fútbol

Tapas&Fútbol Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Apr 11, 2019
    Seville (Spain)
    A lot of huge news about WoSo in Spain during the last 48 hours.

Finally Real Madrid will have a women’s side. According to “Diario El Mundo”, Real Madrid is acquiring CD Tacón (wich was promoted to Liga Iberdrola just some weeks ago) and will have a team in the Spanish First Division for the 2019/20 season.

Spanish Federation will invest 20M euros in women’s soccer in Spain during the 2019/20 season. All First Division games and at least three Second Division games per matchday will be on TV or streamed. Spanish league will be available on UEFA’s OTT.

LaLiga Promises Femenina just kicked off yesterday in Abegondo (A Coruña). For the first time in WoSo in Spain we are happily enjoying the female version of “LaLiga Promises”, wich is a tournament for U12 players that started in 1996. The games are being broadcast on GolTv and streamed on goltv.com and Youtube.

flax, blissett, KAPIJXM and 3 others repped this.
  24. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Why am I not surprised they're going the Milan/Roma route instead of the ManU/Spurs route? X-D

Good on them though to finally join in. We'll see how much they invest in the team.

25. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Apparently Real Madrid chose to buy Tacón instead of CFF Madrid because it was cheaper.