Spain VS Norway [R]

Discussion in 'Spain' started by minuscapita, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Norway's keeper got injured at 0-0, but went on to play for 60 mins. He should have been substituted much earlier. He couldn't even kick the ball properly because of it. Blunder by coach.

2. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Ohh yeah thats true!
    I missed that.

3. barça

barça New Member

May 31, 2003
    In a plane
    They could have put in Superman and it wasn't going to change the inevitable.

Norway did not attack, even when the score was 0-0, it seemed as the team was happy with that score.

I think its greatly ironic that Norway's strategy was only to defend, yet two awful mistakes cost them two goals.

Spain dominated and are rightly in the Eurocup. Vicente, Valeron, Raul, Xabi, Puyol and were very good. The rest of the team was good. The poorest performer, Extebe, scored a goal.

I am looking forward to the summer.

By the way, Riise is very, very good.

4. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    agreed about Riise

5. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    I'm not putting Norway's defeat on a goalkeeper that should have been substituted. Spain won deservedly. You were by far the best team and I wish you good luck at Euro '04. The players you mentioned were very good and you still had Guti and Baraja on the bench. Morientes not even in the squad.

As for our strategies, there have been some heated debates after the match and the coach has resigned now anyway. Thank God.

6. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of the papers in Norway have had headlines like, "Thank you, Spain" in reference the deserved place in Euro 2004 for Spain and the fact that Norway no longer has to put up with their current coach and can rebuild their team to once again be competitive in Europe.

7. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    That is true. The fans of football in Norway hate the style the NT has been playing over the last few years. Everyone felt it was a win/win situation before the Spain match. Win and we go to Portugal. Lose and we win a new coach. The federation is now under huge pressure to appoint a new coach with different ideas.