Spain NT News and Rumors (II)

Discussion in 'Spain: National Teams' started by Pichi, Aug 30, 2013.

1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    why isn't he at the tournament?

2. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Lord knows why but Luis Enrique he has left a lot of players off the team for whatever reason

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  3. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Fati is still in recovery from his injury. He won't be available until the start of the fall season.

4. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    I believe if Fati was in the team along with Ramos, Busquets and others Spain would be a dark horse or one of the favorites at least

5. Richard1789

Richard1789 Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 2, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yes to add to other previous sentiments. Ansu Fati is a big miss for Spain .

6. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    If you guys had Fati no doubt he would probably be your main target man instead of Morata

Richard1789 repped this.
  7. Richard1789

Richard1789 Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 2, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think whatever happens Luis Enrique has had a decent tournament. Semi finals is a success. We may not win it but for so long Spain had a problem in getting past the quarter finals.

LouisianaViking07/09 and Ofori repped this.
  8. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    I wonder if Enrique stays on for Qatar

9. Richard1789

Richard1789 Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 2, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think he wants to. Personally I like him a lot though. Strikes me as hardworking and honest.

Ofori and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  10. zhe fulano

zhe fulano Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 31, 2010
    Florida Keys, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enrique stays unless he gets a tantalizing club offer. The team he's assembled has gradually come together. He'll has to shore up that back line, but he's secured his spot for now.

11. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I also like Enrique.. I like that he doesn't care about the old guard and has no problem going with new blood.

Let's hope the Italians (the players not the people) think this is in the bag.. I doubt this will be a blow out as some of their fans think. A lot of the media already talking about their final against England.
    I feel this is good for our players... underestimate us at your own peril.

I am watching the press conference with Luis live (pedri is on now) EURO 2020 | ITALIA - ESPAÑA: LUIS ENRIQUE y PEDRI en DIRECTO rueda de prensa | Diario AS - YouTube

12. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    It won't surprise me if Spain beat Italy

Richard1789 repped this.
  13. zhe fulano

zhe fulano Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 31, 2010
    Florida Keys, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've listened to the press conference - even the questions and answers posed to Luis Enrique in Italian (I can understand some because of its similarity to Spanish, Portuguese and Catalan).

I'm amazed at some of the incredibly dumb questions reporters ask, but he handled it all with class. He also kept a sense of humor about the elbow he took back in '94 as a player and assured that there is no revenge factor. As all of us who follow could have guessed, he also made clear that Spain wants possession but also has a Plan B scheme in case Plan A doesn't work out.

Luis Enrique sounds both assured and committed to the idea that he'll be around through the World Cup. His enthusiasm for his mission is palpable. Good news for España.

Thanks for posting the link.

Ofori repped this.
  14. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah, That question was very dumb and will probably be the headline in many click bait sites.

The Journalist was hoping for this answer "Yes. I am still fuming because some Italian player elbowed my face 28 years ago. I want revenge!!!" :sneaky:

Instead they got "Jaja.. No no. I know the guy.. he is very good honest person I met him a couple of times.. blah blah blah."

EURO 2020 | ITALIA - ESPAÑA | La broma de LUIS ENRIQUE y su nariz tras el codazo de TASSOTTI | AS - YouTube

15. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    When Lucho was coaching Roma and Tassotti was an assistant at Milan.

[​IMG]

Ofori repped this.
  16. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Luis Enrique has pretty much made Spain an enjoyable team to watch again. However controversial his decisions have been, Spain have been better off for it

17. Richard1789

Richard1789 Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 2, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I would of liked to see Adama Traore get more minutes though. Powerful runner and a decent footballer.

Ofori repped this.
  18. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I have no idea why he called this guy.. every team packs the last 3rd against us and this guy needs space to run. I doubt he will see a minute of play unless we go up 2-0 and play for counter.

Ofori repped this.
  19. Richard1789

Richard1789 Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 2, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think he is a useful player to have though in the squad. Can give you something different. I thought Traore done well though in the last roughly 10 minutes he got against Slovakia this tournament.

20. zhe fulano

zhe fulano Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 31, 2010
    Florida Keys, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with the comment above: Traore strikes me as a player that is there to give the team other options.

There is so much soccer talent in España that no coach has his hands tied to having to play a particular system. A lousy coach can only screw it up. A good coach can pick and choose and really put together a team that can win it all. Luis Enrique has shown that he has a clear vision for where he wants to take this team. He's got the players he wants playing the scheme he wants and that's taken us to the point where the team is in a great position to possibly win the whole thing. I'm excited for today's game and for what awaits this team in Qatar.

Before the tournament, lots of Spanish media commented that this was not as good a team as others España has fielded in the past. They were used to the Clemente era, where the coach would confidently state "tenemos equipo para ser campeones" (we're good enough to be champions) and everyone expected nothing less. Luis Enrique has proven the doubters wrong.

21. Richard1789

Richard1789 Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 2, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think the best player Spain have got though is Sergio Busquets. Gutted that we didnt beat Italy last night though. We were the better team and had Ansu Fati been fit I think we would have been far more potent. Also I think Spain need to address their mentality. Overall Italy looked more capable in the penalty's and whether that comes from their history as a footballing powerhouse or other factors eg no national divides eg the Cataluna/Basque separatist issue remains to be seen. Hope Luis Enrique can work on this aspect as in football like in life there is always room for improvement. Certainly what we have over the Italians and any other team which makes me immensely proud is no team has won three international tournaments on the bounce which we did between 2008-2012.

22. zhe fulano

zhe fulano Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 31, 2010
    Florida Keys, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ¿Qué opinan ustedes del papel que pintó el equipo en el torneo?

What's your opinion of the team's performance in the tournament?

23. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Spain went further than I thought that they would

24. Richard1789

Richard1789 Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 2, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Me gusto. Pero faltamos un delantero muy bueno.Espero que Ansu Fati puede ser ese jugador. Alvaro Morata me gusta pero no es clinico en frente de gol.

Estoy especialmente alegre por Luis Enrique. Es un trabajador y este tornea ha sido un éxito para el . Especialmente porque perdio su hija hace poco y esto le ha debido dar le un poco de alegria.

By the way I was born in England and have English and Spanish blood in me but I feel more Spanish due to the culture/religion and feel good vibes that being a Spain supporter brings eg family atmosphere when your at games.

unclesox repped this.
  25. zhe fulano

zhe fulano Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 31, 2010
    Florida Keys, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted #447 above in english and spanish because I suspect there are some Spain followers not comfortable in english and I wanted to open up the conversation to them.

Publiqué mi comentario #447 en inglés y en castellano sospechando que tenemos aquí fanáticos de la selección que no se sienten cómodos comunicando en inglés. Quería habrirles apertura.

Richard1789 repped this.