Spaghetti Weston: McKennie at Juventus

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by hokeydokey, Jul 7, 2016.

1. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Depends what it is.

A rumor that I saw is that he broke protocol to hook up with a teammate's sister. If that's true, then it's probably best to keep things unconfirmed for the sake of all parties involved.

Another is that he went out and crashed a bachelorette party. If that's true, spill.

2. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I think it's interesting that through all the rumors coming out of Italy and this latest incident nobody has stood up for him publicly. Not his club. Not his teammates. Not his friends. Not a single journalist.

adi21, Deeneaus, jackiesdad and 2 others repped this.
  3. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Not this one by any chance? [​IMG]

Eldinter repped this.
  4. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Woof. Very strong words from LD there, "relationship almost beyond repair" is not breaking protocol to go to dinner with family.

ChicagoVT and Winoman repped this.
  5. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    In either case, he's my hero and I'm gutted what Berhalter has done to his career with this overreaction and plain stupid move. Literally Berhalter might cost this kid millions of dollars and his career trajectory could get altered.
    Berhalter has made the situation untenable for Wes to play under him.

Men need sex and need to mingle with women. Dude is vaccinated and his chances are incredibly incredibly low to get COVID because of this one interaction. He's 23 for God sake. Let him sleep with a girl.

Caught on video, Berhalter went for a run into a crowded, open street without a mask the day of the game. That was irresponsible and a bad example. But is he paying a price? USSF invited 40,000 to their 'party' , many unvaccinated at the game, and that wasn't significantly more irresponsible? Where's the punishment for them?

If anything, US Men's National team needs sex. Lots of it. Because under Berhalter, they are playing like shite and tight. Greg's mind seems very rigid. Above all, he could use some action for sure.

Wes is my hero and USSF/Berhalter a zero

ChicagoVT repped this.
  6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Weirdly, Wes was seen with John Harkes on 21 South the other night...

russ repped this.
  7. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Would be very sad if that's the kind of situation we have here. LD's words are scary. The only real words up from, "Almost beyond repair" are "Beyond repair."

ChicagoVT repped this.
  8. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    #13684 golazo68, Sep 7, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    Surely you are not equating sleeping with a man's SISTER (Wes) to sleeping with his WIFE (Harkes).

My guess is that Wes slept with a sister of a player or prostitute. In either case, who gives a damn.
    America so metrosexual/puritanical/nonsensical & uptight about sex. Wes has lived
    in Europe (basically) his entire adult life, so like most of the world probably sees such things differently. Good for him.

He served his suspension and we should have moved on and let him play versus Honduras. Done and dusted. Now this thing has the potential to have legs for many months, if not years...

ChicagoVT and Eldinter repped this.
  9. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Obviously they aren't the same thing but sleeping with a teammates sister can still be a very problematic situation. We don't know all the details and may never but this situation is clearly serious.

10. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either Landon is being a drama queen, and I listened to him and given his tone I highly doubt that, or McKennie did something well above and beyond not wearing a mask, and something that the entire team has a major problem with, given Landon's comments McKennie need to apologize profusely to them.

If this is the case I wouldn't rule out Juve not playing him in the coming weeks and him being out for the Oct window.

11. YankatOxford

YankatOxford Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    I can’t tell if you’re troll/parody posting or serious, but if it’s the latter: you’ll learn that heroes are fallible. They are just humans like the rest of us. Controlling yourself is part of being an adult, including sex.

If this was a comedy post, then outstanding job, because I laughed thoroughly several times while reading this!

12. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    He served a 1 game suspension already for having sex with a girl. And you think
    he should serve a greater suspension and potentially have his career majorly disrupted.... because he had sex with a girl?

What is 'fallible' about having sex with a girl? Big freakin deal! You want 'control' the way our players have played the last 2 games. That wonderful sex-less control soccer they showed?

Your opinion is what is truly laughable.

13. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Why is sleeping with a teammate's sister a problematic situation?

Is she the brother's property? (like, what, Afghanistan)?

If she is not the brother's property, then who gives a damn what Wes or she did together if they are both adults?

If this was the 'ooh dangerous COVID situation' then suspend him for 1 game (like they already did) and let him play in Honduras

14. YankatOxford

YankatOxford Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    And I’ve now seen that you have posted in every thread in this forum and under the sun arguing all kinds of wild and crazy sh*t that somehow this isn’t Weston’s fault, so yes clearly the joke is on you. And I’ve seen no confirmation of what Weston actually did to break team COVID policy, but if Landon Donovan says you messed up, you messed up BIG TIME.

adi21 and russ repped this.
  15. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    That's weak to say 'wild and crazy' shit. Post the exact quote or don't play that game.

Oh yeah, Landon..... Was magnificent player for the US Men's Nats when on the field for US Nats (and grateful for that) but it's going overboard to say 'if Landon says you messed up, you messed up BIG TIME'. My hunch is that Landon's sensibilities got in a wad about the sister or prostitute. Which neither is 'messing up'. We'll see....

16. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That's the rumor.

You're acting like it's fact. If you know something more, spill it.

adi21 repped this.
  17. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I do not want to see sex soccer. For one thing the number of balls and lack of handling would be confusing. But that is perhaps just me.

AutoPenalti repped this.
  18. Grumpy in LA

Grumpy in LA Bringing It Since 1807™

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just wish more people here had really emphatic takes even though nobody on here knows what actually happened. We can’t let the tabloids and Twitter do all the hard work of making crap up and then having feelings at it.

ebbro, twoolley, UniversalAdvice and 3 others repped this.
  19. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    There are only so many possibilities. We can eliminate most of them off the bat.

If he had committed a crime, or was under investigation- we'd know it. They would announce.

So it is either COVID related, or personal related or both. The prostitute thing
    is actually probably less likely, because either (a) he got caught by police, and we would know or (b) someone on USMNT caught him, and well...then it becomes 'he slept with a girl', so we will never really know.

So the most likely scenarios, with high degree of certainty, was either (1) he slept with someone's sister or (2) he went to a party and/or slept with someone or (3) both 1 and 2 OR (4) he broke COVID regs (some combo of first 3)

All of those seem to fit fine under 1 game suspension to me. I struggle to see the reason or logic (Including COVID regs) to suspend him for any more length of time.

I could easily see Landon getting his 'panties in a wad' about Weston sleeping with someone's sister or some 'girl' OR going to a party. If true, Landon would still be a great former player but not a very good analyst about this situation. After all, he famously bailed on the USMNT and thought it should not be a big deal. I understood his reasoning, but actually think that was a greater injury to the side than anything Wes could potentially do here.

20. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Emphaty? Not me. Everything is so stupid that making fun out of it is the only way.
    And as Wes been suspended by Juve as well, it's probably even more stupid than one can imagine.

21. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What McKennie did has nothing to do with a mask.

22. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless he was doing some cosplay kink.
    Which is weird af, I don't care who you are.Get therapy.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's also the Daily Mail, so the lack of credibility is pretty high.

juveeer and russ repped this.
  24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think what happened in the US will affect his playing time with Juve. Juve has a big game this weekend against Napoli and will already be missing a few players from the South American contingent, plus injuries, so they will need every man they have.

I could see Wes starting.

This is just one more reason why I hate international breaks. I'm definitely a club over country kinda guy.