Southampton

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Farhaway, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well after a nervy 25 minutes it seems we have played ourselves into the game it should be good to see what happens in the 2nd half and who is to score our goals, at least we trying to play positive football, good to see.

2. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    We are defending too deep again and letting them come onto us, it is not looking good I tell you.

3. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Can't keep a clean sheet, we didn't deserve to lose so I suppose it was a fair result over 90 minutes, we still lack depth, the back was all over the place and we still need a striker and someone who can run midfield. However we are up and running lets hope it is the strt of something good---------------I still doubt it though--------------quality is needed!!

4. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would have taken a point before the game......but it feels like we should have got all 3.
    I feel a bit better now that Kone and Papy are forming an understanding and given time I think they will be formidable. You are right, we need another striker, and someone to pull the strings.....maybe Iborra will give us that? Added to that, we need to find a backup goalkeeper, even if it is a short term contract.