South Korea in LA in January?

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by cleansheetbsc, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grown-Ass Man aka Eddie Johnson

2. numerista

numerista New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Just to confirm, the US did field a full-strength line-up for the game in question ...
    http://www.fifa.com/en/comp/report....&matchno=13&matchid=14367&team1=KOR&team2=USA

I'm not sure why the USSF doesn't list that game, or the games from '56 and '83. Heading into the recent Panama game, their fed listed a couple of past match-ups with the US that the USSF didn't recognize, either.

3. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Neither does ELO or Fifa. Why?

The answer is rather obvious, if you take the time to think about it.

Because they were not a senior international games.

PERIOD.

4. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    i don't get it...the dude is only 6" 170lbs. that's not that grown...
    so why is he gam?

5. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    It is during an interview by US Soccer. The writer asked which Video game is his favorite--a standard question for teens, Johnson answered "I don't play video game, I am a grown-ass man." It became an instant classic.

Then he backed up his claim with his game. At 20, he started his first US game as a sub for World Cup qualifier in El Salvador and scored his first goal--a tap-in after 4 minutes. Then he subbed in for second game against Panama and also 4 minutes later he scored another one and finish a hat-trick within 20 minutes. Then he started the third game against Jamaica and scored 5th goal in 12 minutes. That all adding up is 5 goals in 61 minutes of World Cup Qualifier. He actually should have 5 goals in Panama game and 3 goals in Jamaica game if he improved his finishing and decision making. That is kind of potential this guy has.

Korean fans may remember him who scored two PKs against Korean U-20 in 2003 WYC. He did win the Golden Boot by scoring most goals, but if he can finish as good as today that time, US U-20 sure will beat Argentina and may go all the way.

6. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    ah....i see...it's because he doesn't play video games...
    haha