South Jersey(cherry hill area) pickup game

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by SmashtheVan, Apr 2, 2010.

1. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys,

for the past 2 years me and my friends have been playing pickup games in Cherry Hill at Beck Middle School(950 Cropwell Rd, Cherry Hill NJ), and at the beginning of every year we try and get the word out, as we lose people from the year before due to school and jobs or whatever.

We play Saturdays or Sundays(we move things around due to the Union schedule. We're all fans. A few of us have season tickets, half of us are SoBs, the rest of them are definitely fans of the team as well...except from our 2 north jersey transplant red bull fans).

Range of skills is beginner to medium. A lot of us could be in a bit better shape, but we get better over the course of the "season." We're all in our 20s, but younger/older we don't care, as long as you're into having some fun kicking a ball around for a few hours.

We're meeting for the first time Saturday at 12/1230. If anyone is interested drop me a line, or just meet us there(from the school parking lot you can't miss the fields.)

I'll keep bumping this thread periodically with times/places we're meeting.
    If you're on facebook look for the group titled "South Jersey Bear Fight"

2. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
    sounds good- I'll try to make it.. How many people are you expecting? Should I invite some more?

3. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes invite anyone you think would be interested. It usually takes a few weeks to get a decent sized group of people out. I've only got about 10 confirmed to be there, but another 10 are maybes, so we'll see what happens with that.

4. SBuck

SBuck New Member

Apr 20, 2009
    i may be able to show up in a few weeks... Broke my collarbone a few weeks back and will probably be able to start working out/ doing anything remotely active in a couple weeks

5. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    awesome. good luck with healing up, shoot me a pm when youre fit to play and ill send you details.

for anyone else seeing this, because of the Union match, this week we are playing on Sunday

6. BrandonStevens

BrandonStevens New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    are you still playing, Im home from college and i could probably get a few guys to come out and play... how many ppl usually turn out

7. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately work and school and life has torn everyone who used to play apart. Probably haven't met up in 2 years or so

8. local136RiverRat

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    That sucks, Beck is 2 minutes from me.