South America vs Rest of the World

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by damnecuadorian, Mar 12, 2009.

1. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Conmebol just announced a South America vs Rest of the World match on June 14th in Los Angeles. There will be a minimum of 1 player from each country and a maximum of 3.

http://www.conmebol.com/comunicados_ver.jsp?id=63388&slangab=S
    http://www.goal.com/es-la/news/687/...-debate-arma-tu-seleccion-ideal-de-sudamerica

But.. Liga is also supposed to play against world all-stars in New York on the same date! However the following website never did confirm that Liga is definitely going to play.

http://allstarsforhope.org/schedule-events

If they both go on I'll have on hell of a hard decision to make on which one to attend. :rolleyes:

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

If you are a Liga fan, I think the choice is clear. ;)

3. ECUABIKER

ECUABIKER New Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Glendale, Ca.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ill be there for South America vs Rest of the world. If any other Ecuas want to meetup so we can have a section, let me know?

4. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yea pretty much what he said....when la sele played Liga en un amistoso who did you root for?? i went for Liga so ofcourse im going to see Liga en new york

5. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Since I haven't heard anything more about this I'll probably end up going to the Liga game in NY since it was just confirmed.

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn are you serious??

I'm a Liga fan but when it comes to picking b/t LDU and the NT....I'll def pick the NT anyday!!!

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

ecuador gave me life
    ecuador has given me many joys
    liga has given me many joys as well
    i would actually not root for either, it would be a game that i went to watch simply for supporting the two most important teams to me.

8. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The way I see it one shirt joins every ecuadorian together...the NT...but the club shirt is what makes you diffrent. The love for your club team, the colors it represents, the city who they represent!!! The NT is all of Ecuador.The NT wins everybody in Ecuador wins. Your club wins only the true fans rejoice. A perfect example is lets say Ecuador wins the world cup...ill be happy...probably drunk but who wouldnt jeje...but i wouldnt be on my knees, crying because of joy, hands in the air screaming lo hicimos!!! when Liga won la Libertadores I did all that...for the NT probably little bit hard to feel the same way

9. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    ok here's a scenario just for fun...

11 players from SA need to start vs Rest of the World.
    But you can only pick one player from each country in SA.
    Since there are 10 countries in SA you are allowed to pick
    2 players from one country.

who are your picks?

GK Julio Cesar (Bra)

Gary Madel (Chi) Juan Vargas (Per) Lorgio Álvarez (Bol) Ivan Cordoba (Col)

Enrique Vera (Par) Luis Valencia (Ecu) Kaka (Bra) Lionel Messi (Arg)

Juan Arango (Ven) Diego Forlan (Uru)

10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I understand your point, but until Ecuador wins a World Cup, I'm not sure you would know how you would feel.

I can tell you the experineces and sense of pride differ from club to country - not weighing more on than the other, just different. I was fortunate to experience Germany winning the Euro in England in 96; THAT WAS BIG!!! and Dortmund winning the CL in 97...this was awesome!!

Two different highs, two different sets of bragging rights, two different achievements; one from a NT that is expected to reach finals and the other from a club that surprised everyone by beating Manu twice in the semi's and Juve in the final.

So as I said, until Ecuador actually wins a title like that - you'll never know.

11. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Can't compare both...but if something is better it's obviously the world cup. The most important trophy in the world overall. Every player's wildest dream.
    When Barcelona will win it's first libertadores I'm gonna be extremely happy yes, and it will be one of the best moments of my life. But if Ecuador one day wins the world cup I can die right after that in total peace ;)

12. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    True that.

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I second that....except I've already seen LIGA win a Libertadores so i've experienced that great feel and still feel proud about it! But I can also say that if Ecuador ever won a World Cup I could die happy...shoot if we even went to a Semi Final it would be one of the greatest moments in my life.

14. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    agreed