Sounders: Road trip to Portland or Vancouver...

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by GMan Eric, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Re: What ?

My birth certificate is the size of a diploma, I'm not going to take that with me. Besides Puskas metioned that anybody who has trouble getting across the border shouldn't take the bus. For some reason I always get hassled crossing the border, I must look like a criminal. I'd really hate to get hassled in front of a bus load of people.

As for the offer of beer, what did I do to deserve it?

2. Footy99

Footy99 New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Trip

Too Bad K-man .... You are one of the true hardcores and Iam sure when you support your team through the bad times it would be nice to see them throught the good and if a victory over the Sounders is in the books it would be a nice trip back to celebrate with all the other die hards who sacrifice many things to make it to games.

As for the beers .... Anytime man. Maybe friday night then !

Cheers

3. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't think they'd pay as particular attention to each individual when there's a whole bus load, as with just individual drivers/vehicles.

Do you cross at Blaine or at the truck crossing in Lynden? Maybe you should use the other crossing???

4. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Once when travelling to Seattle some friends and I went to the border crossing near Chilliwack (sorry don't know the exact crossing name) just to see if we'd get any less hassle. When the border guard asked where we were from and we said Vancouver, he became verys suspicious that we came all that way to cross that we were pulled aside and the car was searched thoroughly and we were held up and questioned for over an hour.

I'll pass on the hassle.

5. Baracuda

Baracuda Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Portland Oregon
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck Vancouver!

Good luck on the airport runway!
    Just wait till you see the mascot rollerblade across the pitch!

6. Footy99

Footy99 New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    RE

Ok K-Man .... how about case of Olympia for your troubles... come on who can resist... look what it did for Timber JIm ....

7. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Re: RE

Gross! I'd rather drink larks vomit.

8. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They still sell that crap? Thought it was gone after Miller took over the Olympia brewery. Haven't seen it in a store for god knows how long... course I usually stay away from the end of the beer section that sells the Beast, Crudweiser, and Killer :D

9. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: RE

or Finnegan ;)

10. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

I believe that they are now brewing Olympia somewhere in British Columbia.

11. Footy99

Footy99 New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    P U !

Hey K-Man I think your right I have seen Olympia on the shelves ... I here its a big seller in Abbotsford better seller than Lucky beer.

As for Finnegan I beleive he is a Stroh's drinker the 30' pack !

12. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Yeah, I don't recall exactly where they are brewing it, but a friend of mine (friggin' cheapskate) picked up a case of the god forsaken stuff, and of course I had some, and it was as bad as ever.

13. RonS

RonS New Member

Mar 3, 1999
    Seattle
    A check with the Sounders office confirmed that tomorrow's bus trip to the Swangard match is on. Look out for us. Our dollar's worth a loony and a half! 50% more beer for us!

14. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should also add that the Sounders have a banquet permit for the bus, so food and beverage (BEER!!!) consumption is allowed on the bus :)

I know I'll be consuming :D Will have to make a pit stop beforehand so I'll have maximum room for used beer.

Also, do remember your passports/birth certificates -- no one travels without them, no exceptions.

Will bring some song/chant sheets for the newbies so we can get in form on the way up.

15. Footy99

Footy99 New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    So Eric Whats the Score ?

Hey Eric so how many fans have you confirmed for the bus trip to Burnaby?

16. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I emailed the Sounders earlier in the day about that very question, as yet I haven't gotten a reply. If I hear by lunchtime tomorrow I'll post. RonS posted on the supporter mailing list that he'd heard it was at least 15 plus some Sounder staffers (how many I'm not sure) -- as of this morning.

Guess we'll see when the bus actually leaves. We would have done quite a few more (friends of mine that I know of that would have gone) but for people not being able to get out of work at lunch time or not having proper ID on hand :(

17. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 1/2 hours till the bus rolls... and the beer starts flowing!!!

Work has been a complete waste of time today. Couldn't get much sleep either, ready to GET IT ON!!!