Sounders in EA Sports FIFA 10

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by scott47a, Oct 20, 2009.

1. WestSeattle

WestSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Imo i dont like how they set up the sounders formation. Maybe its just the way I play but they all ussually end up bottlenecking just out side the 18, which can be frustrating.

Unless it has changed drastically from previous versions, you can play with different alignments and attack tactics, you can set them up before the game and adjust at half-time or adjust at any point by pausing the game and hitting the menu. This is pretty critical once you get the hang of the game, as you'll want to adapt a formation and attack that matches the team.

New this year (as I understand it) is you can even set up set-pieces with more control.

Until I got really good, I let the AI do a lot of defending for me, I'd use defenders to antipate passes and try to intercept them mostly, as I got better, I became more confident in tackling.

2. scott47a

scott47a Member+

Seattle Sounders FC; Arsenal FC
    Feb 6, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That right there is worth $50

3. guelch27

guelch27 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bremerton
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the Virtual Pro mode I made myself as a striker and I'll say he compliments Montero much better than Jaqua. Only took three games to get my rating higher than Jaqua as well.
    My experience has been that Leo is my teams scoring threat, he's always around for rebounds on set pieces and doesn't waste opportunity. Alonso has been Man of the Match for pretty much every game so far. Montero while dangerous, still misses alot of gimmes just like he did in KC this past weekend, and like Scott's experience, Chivas had a bunch of yellows and were often lucky not to earn a red.

4. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So far I've discovered I suck at this game.;) I've been pulling a lot of Zakuani's and chipping sitters over the net. Just wish the iPhone version actually had the right colors for the Sounders. I'm also getting a little tired of Ljungberg being Hispanic with a full head of black hair.;) Don't get me wrong, it's spot on for Gonzalez and Montero. Just makes me wonder if they are recycling a FMF team and calling it the Sounders.

5. WestSeattle

WestSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Chris Erb, John Doyle and few other ex-Wizards employees are now at EA Sports. I used to work with these guys, they are all from Seattle (now living in Vancouver).

They've given some pretty nice treatment to the Seahawks in Madden in the past. In fact, the year Alexander was on the cover was a direct influence from the Seattle-fans in the company.

So I think, if anything, you should see the Sounders get just a nudge or two of preference rather than being overly nerfed. It's the Oakland Raiders that in the past, have been really burned in these games. Perhaps that does not bode well for the Clash...uh I mean Earthquakes?

I kid of course, these metrics are usually applied without bias against some raw stats, usually purchased cheaply as possible, then tweaked gently.

Then again, I worked on a cheesy card game called MLB Showdown, and I can tell you some of my favorite players/teams got some preferential treatment in that game. So there's probably one or two players that got special treatment if you dig. :)

I should stop chattering on this thread, I'm a total gamer-nerd and can talk about video games ad-nauseum. Gee, kind of like soccer I guess. :)

6. DarthGreedo

DarthGreedo Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Played a few games last night, Gotta say, replacing Jaqua with Le Toux up front works wonders. In videogame form i can control Le Toux so he actually takes the shot when he's open instead of trying to make the extra pass like real life. So far he's my best scoring threat. So hopefully Le Toux reads this and starts pressing the b button in a real game!

7. Main Man

Main Man Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Westie you worked at Wizards? We used to "play" you guys in a softball beer league pretty routinely.

8. WestSeattle

WestSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I know the team!

I was too inept to make the softball team, but know most of the people who played on the team. I am 100% blind in one eye (too many fights as a teen), so I can't hit a baseball to save my life. My depth perception sucks these days and my peripheral to my right is dangerously bad, I bump into things on my right side constantly.

If you ever want to clobber me, hit me with a hook on my right side, I'll never even see it coming. :)

9. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info! I'll keep it in mind if I ever run across you. :D

10. Main Man

Main Man Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aw, that's too bad you weren't on the team because we pounded the snot out of you guys. I was pretty merciless with the D&D jokes (failed hit rolls, critical miss, failed save vs. suck, that sort of pettiness).

I kinda miss those days, but I'm glad I don't have to work down in the south end anymore.

11. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +1 can't rep you because apparently I did, but I love the B button for Le Toux.

12. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope for your sake none of the TA are reading this :p

13. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a PES guy, but I got this game because they aren't making the new PES for PC. The hardest aspects to get used to are getting the right power on crosses and defending. I'm still getting the hang of the controls, so I'm still a bit noobish.

The colors are a little dull, but I love the 3d graphics, shadows, and the way players move in this game! I especially love the "play as a pro" mode. I'm playing as Riley for the first few games and I'm averaging 8.4 so far and I just got my first call up in a friendly against Russia. I assisted on a goal and we won 2-0. Does anyone know if the game goes all the way into the World cup or do you have to pay for the world cup version later on?

One thing I hate in the game is that the computer doesn't automatically choose light kits vs dark kits. On my last call up against Italy, both teams were using white tops and blue shorts! :mad:

14. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suck too bad at defense to even try playing as a defender. :) Did that for awhile and my team was losing 3-0 most games. Heh. Much better to be a forward where i can make it 3-0 the other way.

15. pendulum

pendulum Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're lucky I'm not left-handed. ;)

Kidding. Sorry to hear about that though, sucks. The fact that you've been in that many fights probably means you could kick all of our asses, if that makes you feel better! :)

16. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah but there's no way Jaqua gets called up. I suppose if you're good enough, it might be a good challenge :)

17. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jaqua rides the bench on my team.:)

18. DarthGreedo

DarthGreedo Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I actually am a Jaqua defender in most cases, but he sits the bench for me too. USELESS. How convenient that my created pro fits in the spot perfectly...:cool:

19. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know.. Crazy isn't it... It's almost as if the pro was created just to replace him. Heh. :) Plus side.. Montero doesn't have nearly as hard a time finishing in this game as he does in the real world... He even got a hattrick in one game.

20. guelch27

guelch27 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bremerton
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about that Yoshou. I got 16 games finished in a season and Montero has all of three, but that's in the Be A Pro mode so I don't get to control him at all. My created guy is leading the league with 14 goals, and just got awarded the captains band and a starting spot on the USMNT.

21. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think i found a difference between the full version and the iphone versin. No USMNT in the iphone version. Also isn't a place to look up stats. Very frustrating. Montero's been a stud for me. He's been getting one or two goals a game, generally from assists from me or cleaning up my sloppy seconds.

I should probably increase the difficulty level I'm on. Hmmm.

22. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just played my first league match on the DS. And lets just say Fredy is en fuego. He had a hat trick by the 60th, then the funniest thing happened. Around the 70th Bulldog lobbed one towards the box from just inside the midfield line, it landed just inside the box and froze Rimando, meanwhile Jaqua wins a footrace against three defenders to get to it, and taps it far post into the upper 90. Absolutely unbelievable, no really Jaqua is not going to win any foot races :)

23. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I love that Fifa 10 commercial.

24. denizenofevil

denizenofevil Member

May 5, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How is the Ds version? I was considering getting the game for the DS but the guy at Gamestop told me the game was dumbed down.

25. Main Man

Main Man Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just completed my first season.

Goal scorers:
    Montero: 15 (hmm not far off)
    Jaqua: 9 (hmm)
    LeToux: 6 (outlier)
    Zakuani: 5
    Evans: 5
    Ljungberg: 2 (but 10 assists)

Kinda scary how it mirrored reality minus Le Toux. And I mostly used Freddie as a forward.