Sounders 2 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Yoshou, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should really start a discussion thread for S2. :)

I wasn't able to make the second match, but 4-0 with a hattrick by Darwin Jones makes it sound like an entertaining. Based solely on the highlights, it looks like Craven had a good game. How did Rossi do?

2. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are so taking USL this year ;). Expansion Seattle soccer teams always seem to rock ;). Seattle invented USL. To bad we can't have a Sounders - S2 USOC final ;). Have I missed anything?

3. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2016, SSFC vs S2 USOC final. Book it!!

4. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh.. Funny story. My kid was one of the kids that walked out with the players for the Timbers 2 game. While on the sideline waiting to do my impression of a Japanese tourist, Hanauer walked up to the entrance to the field, but he got bounced by event security because he didn't have the proper credentials. It wasn't until myself and a couple of the other parents pointed out he was an owner of the team that he was allowed on the field. :)

5. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    hahah, that's a great story. Missed the Tulsa match. Is Lowe hurt? Looks like they could have needed him the other day.

6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SoccerIsOurLife repped this.
  7. SoccerIsOurLife

Feb 14, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This team is not doing so well. Any reasonable explanation? It seems to be a burden to the FO as there is little attention given to the team or players; very little publicity.

8. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are not incorrect. There have been a number of missteps with the creation of this team (The location is bad, the name is horrible, scheduling is very bad, and the bungling of the fan ownership portion). They've also apparently been giving the shaft to former academy players and aren't really giving them a chance to develop if they aren't already on S1's roster. They are currently in discussion with the owner of the Tacoma Rainiers to have them take over the team, build a SSS in Tacoma, and move it down there. Hopefully that improves things.

edwardgr repped this.
  9. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.socceramerica.com/artic...o-expand-puget-sound-reach.html?edition=17186

Some pro soccer clubs have teamed up with pro baseball clubs on sharing facilities. The Seattle Sounders and Tacoma Rainiers are taking it a step further and announced plans to build a 5,000-seat, soccer-specific stadium adjacent to the Rainiers' Cheney Stadium in Central Tacoma for the Sounders' USL team.

The Sounders FC II have played at Starfire Sports in Tukwila since its launch in 2015. The MLS Sounders and Triple-A Rainiers will rebrand the USL team. The Sounders will run the soccer side and and sporting infrastructure, and the Rainiers will run the business operations

11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.npsl.com/news_article/show/839688?referrer_id=1510764

Former Detroit City FC goalkeeper Cody Lang had his sporting dreams come true earlier this month when he signed his first pro contract with Seattle Sounders FC 2.

“It has been wonderful,” Lang commented. “It’s something I’ve dreamed about. It’s great to sign with a team like the Sounders.”

Lang added that it was “a perfect fit,” growing up in Washington and being a big-time Sounders supporter himself.

13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club: