Sounder BigSoccer Newbies – A Public Service Announcement

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by bright, May 3, 2009.

1. bright

bright Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Central District
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

"Sounders BigSoccer newbies, I have an important special request just for you. Please stop going to other teams' forums and acting like **** wads. Your behavior is unbecoming of the Sounders who are historically one of the best teams in the U.S. Your team didn't just fall out of a tree. Act like you've been here before, even if you haven't because you happen to be a clueless newbie. If you don't stop the ****ish behavior, I will put this lightsaber through my face. Thank you." - Don Garber

2. TheOtherBrent

TheOtherBrent Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: 5/2 Sounders vs Fire (Pre/In/Post)

Is Garber lopping his own head off with a lightsaber supposed to motivate us for or against that?

Also, wouldn't we rather have carella posting in any forums besides ours anyway? :D

3. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: 5/2 Sounders vs Fire (Pre/In/Post)

Those that post smack on the other team forums are all newbies. They found the Sounders and Bigsoccer in late March and April and are completely disrespectful. Seattle's 4-2-1 record is something to be proud of, but it's a long season and games played like they were tonight are not going to always result in points. Please leave the amateur hour stuff for the T.A. and trolls from other forums. The Seattle Sounders of the past and present should remain classy........... and so should the fans.

4. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: New Sounder Fans – A Public Service Announcement

Bright I sent PMs to a couple of the guys that I think this applies to, but I liked your take on it as well, so I have copied this from the Sounders Fire match thread.

Guys like Bright says don't go trolling. Save the smack talk for the rivalries threads.

5. Wazzu Gunner

Wazzu Gunner Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Ballard, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You know how easy it is for some idiot to sign up with a Sounder handle and flame away?

Worry about this is like worrying about the sun coming up tomorrow.

6. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not as easy as you think. Multiple forum names get checked against the IP address and usually get shut down quickly. It's known as a "sock puppet". You can lose your access with the sock as well as your other ID. Remember the guy named Vancouver MLS? He attempted to use different socks for weeks and they got shut down right away. He finally went away. The tools who were posting on Chicago's forum have also done so on KC's, San Jose's and Toronto's. These are NOOBs who think being a dickhead is being a fan. ALl they do is bring similar dickheads from other forums over here as retaliation. Don't troll and don't feed other trolls. It's simple really.

7. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    {Ismitje suspects Wazzu Gunner is a sockpuppet, prepares to ban him}

8. Wazzu Gunner

Wazzu Gunner Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Ballard, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know you wouldn't ban someone who loves the Palouse.

9. DoTheVillage

DoTheVillage New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    I believe I know who these culprits are.. they're the ********wads with the horns in 240.

10. bright

bright Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Central District
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

"Greetings, Sounders fans. It is I, Don Garber, Commissioner of Major League Soccer. Just a friendly reminder that trol ... HEY! ... I can't even hear myself with all these F'ING HORNS bleeting like dying sheep!!! WTF!!!" - Don Garber

11. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    soundrz totally rock. omg

12. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GS I think you need to change your password, looks like a 14 year old got a hold of it :p

13. scott47a

scott47a Member+

Seattle Sounders FC; Arsenal FC
    Feb 6, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there such people? :eek:

14. carella211

carella211 Member

Apr 6, 2009
    2-0-6!
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you forgot to add that when we're at qwest, we're to "sit down and shut up! because soccer is for emotionless elitists who are better than everyone else only".

and wtf was ljundberg doing yesterday? showing all that emotion and passion!! and riley!? standing up for himself!?!?!?!? how classless! and keller! he needs to stop denying our opponents all those goals! we're suppose to be their bitches after all, cause that's what classy elitists do!

i would say for you to "stay borin... err, i mean classy seattle", but we all know that your start date on some soccer website is equivolant to your soccer knowledge, so i obviously don't know what i'm talking about.

:rolleyes:

15. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being a dickhead on another team's forum shows nothing about your soccer knowledge. It does, however, show your lack of human relations skills. ;)

16. DoTheVillage

DoTheVillage New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Remember Sounderz fans... NASL didn't count

[​IMG]

We've only just begun...

17. carella211

carella211 Member

Apr 6, 2009
    2-0-6!
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

go take up golf.

18. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I'm doing that, do you promise to get a clue? We'll see if your still on the bandwagon 10 years from now after a few horrible seasons. Talking shit to others does NOT make you a fan, just an irritant. Welcome to ignore.

19. Artesian

Artesian New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    The Evergreen State
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All well and good, but could the mods be a little more aggressive in keeping other teams trolls out of OUR forums? Pretty soon it'll be like a Weyland reffed match. So many little niggling trolls will provoke a bigger retaliation. Nip it in the bud. On most MLS sites you can't disagree about the best starting lineup without getting a yellow card if you're not one of "theirs." Here you can be a complete tool and troll and nothing happens. I like how we police our own in here. I've been reigned in a couple times by fellow Sounders fans, which is great. I know personally I can get a bit overzealous. It's one thing to bicker within the family, but allowing outsiders to continually stir crap up in here is not cool.

20. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a difference between trolling and attempting to have an intelligent conversation. I have let the banter after the LA match go on because the LA guys all seemed to have intelligent items to add to the conversation. I read as much of the threads as I can but this is a volunteer position, I do not get paid to monitor these boards. I do it because I enjoy being here. I obviously cannot read every thread on the forum every day, sorry I work and I am a parent. If you see something that is questionable, pm one of us and we will take a look at it. If you see something that is blatant report it, and I will get an email indicating that I need to look at it.

Edit: I had not read the Ref blew it thread, I have now and have taken appropriate action. Again the point here is that we mods have a life outside of BS hard to imagine I know, but there you go :). So next time if there is indeed persistant trolling or baiting, report the posts, we will look at them.

21. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Don't sweat it, amico mio. You do a great job.I know how hard it is to mod. This is a very friendly place. :)

If you need more help, give me a ring :D

22. Artesian

Artesian New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    The Evergreen State
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the action and the personal note. Much appreciated. :)

23. Mike03

Mike03 Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    bump

I don't know if this is still a problem in other team forums but I've read some cringeworthy posts in General and N&A and the resident BS sh*t stirrers are having a field day with it. I know some folks are just trying to defend the club and supporters but a little more discretion may be advised?

24. SeaM

SeaM Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would argue that some of those people are no longer newbies, and should be treated as if they know better.

'Nuff said.

25. bright

bright Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Central District
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

"Nowwwwww here's a little story I've got to tell
    about a bad ass soccer team you know so well.
    NASL and Doug Logan are history
    and now I'm in charge, that's me, Donnie G.
    Been had a little horsy named MLS.
    Just me and my horsy and a case of Rainier piss.
    Riding across the land, kicking up sand,
    Sounders posse on my tail cause I'm in demand.
    One lonely Commish I be.
    My league has no team that's marquee.
    The sun is beating down on my shiny bald head.
    The air is gettin' hot, the beer is getting dead.
    Lookin' for a girl, I ran into a guy.
    His name is Joe Roth. I said, 'Howdy', he said, 'Hi.'

*footwork*

*takes a breath*

Hi again, Sounders fans. I'm here in Seattle for a follow-up announcement. It's important to understand that haters are going to hate. In fact, not only are they going to hate, they will try to make you feel bad about all the awesome things you have, such as great ownership, a fabulous local community, top-notch players, and a long successful history. They can't do anything to take away what you have, so why bother feeding their personal attacks by going on the offensive in the MLS:N&A and MLS:General forums? All that does is create more haters out of people who otherwise respect the Sounders and their fans. Just relax and enjoy your team. Thank you." - Don Garber