Sosa out with "long range" injury

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by Auriaprottu, Aug 26, 2021.

1. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well... f***.

2. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    'Long range injury'? Why can't they just tell us what is wrong with him? Last week we had a series of 'lower abdominal inuries'. What does that mean? It could anything from irritated bowel syndrom to a broken penis.

3. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If I had a broken penis I'm not sure I'd want that news shared with the public. But that's just me.

4. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I guess it depends on the amount of swelling. But that's just me.

5. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    MLS is selling this as rivalry week and we are playing Nashville. I didn't even know they had a team.

6. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ? We played them in the first game of the 2020 season, the one where Josef tore his ACL... and I got sent on a wild goose chase looking for my seat.

7. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Orlando is our rival. Sorry you got lost.

8. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Count me among those that doesn't like Orlando but doesn't consider them a real rival.

Regional rival? Sure. But we're too different and too far apart to be arch-rivals. It was just a convenient sales pitch by MLS as it moves into the southeast.

10 years from now it will be:

Charlotte
    Nashville
    Orlando

For me, anyway.

Would love to have a rivalry with someone based upon consistently vying for the Conference crown. Or cross-country in competing for trophies, a la Celtics-Lakers.

9. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol
    you're probably too young to forget the names of all the other clubs in MLS, but I've been wrong before

It'll stay Nashville for me, in part because I'm so close to that city and have a few friends supporting them already. I can almost see Charlotte going after DC as their close rival instead of us, even tho we're closer.

Orlando kind of just can't come back from the 9 straight Ls we put on them, regardless of where we or they finish in the table. I'm sure they don't feel like they've gotten real revenge for that or for us putting them out of the USOC in '19, but I'm not sure that any United fans hate them because they've beaten us a couple of times recently.

It would be nice, tho, to grab a playoff spot and beat them at home one more time. First thins first, tho- we need a playoff spot, and there's no point in being hopeful until it happens or doesn't.

10. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Cross conference would be best suited for Seattle. We're the two biggest draws (for obvious reasons), we both play on turf (which affects how other teams and their fans see us and comment on us), we're both relatively new to MLS. and we've won stuff. If only their fans had as much class as Portland's...

11. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Saying "I didn't even know Nashville had a team" was a joke. Apparently the joke was on me since we dropped all 3 points. Still, I want to beat Orlando more than any team in the league.

Hell, I am so young I remember the teams in the original MLS, even the ones that changed their monikers. Tampa Bay had the Mutiny, San Jose was the Clash, New York Red Bulls were called the Metrostars, Kansas City were the Wizards (Wiz), and Dallas was the Burn. I always thought it funny when KC played Dallas because 'Wiz and Burn' sounded the symptom of an STD (I am a 12 year old kid when it comes to humor).

12. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Seattle doesn't like us because we broke all their cute little attendence records. ;) BTW, the Sounders predate the MLS by two decades as they were part of the NASL. Same with the Timbers.

13. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Traffic seems light. I fear I am going to score a "ListenToBobMarley".

listentobobmarley repped this.
  14. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh, Charlotte. Will our matches against them be called the "I-85 Never Ending Construction" derby?

Sorry, still scarred from my drive up there last week to watch the Dawgs play Clemson

15. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I hear ya, but the I-85 run up to Clemson is child's play. Two weeks ago I had to drive Miami's I-95 construction obstacle course during a blinding tropical thunderstorm. It is insane and truly a white knuckle experience. Normally torrential rain that reduces visibility to 20 feet means slowing down to safe speed. Not in Miami, There drivers turn on their flashers and slow down to 75 mph. The only thing that would have made the drive more harrowing is if I was wearing a blindfold... and at times I wish I was wearing one.

16. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, Miami traffic is a nightmare. And don't get me started how 2 hour layovers at the Miami airport mean you'll just barely make your connecting flight. I also agree the drive up to Clemson is easy. It was Spartanburg to Charlotte that was mostly one lane due to construction. I think we averaged 20 mph through that stretch.

VFish repped this.
  17. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Sorry, I forgot we played in Charlotte. One thing I don't miss after moving out of Atlanta is the insane traffic. Unfortunately I still have to deal with it at least once a month. What the hell is going on in MacDoungh that causes it come to a standstill everytime I come through because the highway seems fine?

18. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha! Yeah, the McDonough mystery. Always sucks driving through there for no reason that can be discerned.

19. listentobobmarley

Jan 5, 2001
    Geeeeeet some!!!

VFish repped this.
  20. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I actually did LOL. Well it was more of a giggle... but my lips turned up.

21. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys freaked me out when this topic went back to the top. "Good lord, what happened to Sosa now?"

22. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    listentobobmarley has a gift.

23. listentobobmarley

Jan 5, 2001
    my fault!

24. listentobobmarley