sorry- i know there is a few LIKE THIS but not really what i want

Discussion in 'Player' started by htafc, Mar 27, 2005.

1. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    ive really been working hard on accuracy and bending the ball (also heading) which has clearly improved on free kicks as i can reguarly make them swerve and dip but when it comes to open play theres not much improvement :( i have really started too improve on everything else so i spend most of my time practicing from distance but all it does is improves freekicks even more :rolleyes: i think its that i loose my technique when under pressure so is there anything i can practise alone or do i just have too learn to keep my composure? if so, should i try doing anything pre match to help me keep calm- music(if that- what kind)etc.

2. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    you could learn how to use too and to in the right form ;)

3. CC05

CC05 Member

Jul 16, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It could be a matter of loosing form under pressure... so just try practicing in more game-like situations. It's obviously harder on your own, and I don't really know what you could do to make it more game-like, but maybe get out with some friends and just go play around. On your own... I guess you could practice running with the ball at higher speeds and taking shots. Or juggling the ball 3 times (putting it up fairly high) and taking a shot on the 4th... just ideas to attempt to get the shot off quicker buuuutt it'd be alot more helpful if you were with at least 1 other person.

4. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    sorry mate lol it was a bit rushed :rolleyes: ;)

5. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    no problem lol i was just joking with you

6. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    does the pre-match matter because my prematch for school is history, double maths :p :( and then a coach drive to our pitch but i could take a personal sterio if it helps(what kind of music? i only really have green day and stuff like that and a bit of 2pac tho) :)

7. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    all i can tell you is this-our last match was about an hour and a half drive away and i made a new mix-cd the night before loaded with rap (Jay Z, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Tupac, Eminem) and scored 2 goals (one from a corner and the other from about 25 yards) and grabbed an assist... I don't know if it was the music or what...the team was pretty bad but the goals were awesome

Anyway the point is the music put me in the right mentality for the match.

8. hattrick_hero7

hattrick_hero7 New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    its amazing what you can do just be imagining you are doing it. just by putting a game situation in your head and going over it and over it and over it.. you will be surprised how much better you can handle situations. try to practice taking shots on the run.. or set up a cone.. do a move around it and shoot quickly. that should help also

for example i play outside mid.. i like to dribble. so on the hour drive to practice i pretend in my mind that im dribbling around cars, signsm, pedestrians, squirls whatever.. and i just see myself making moves and passes and runs.. i know that sounds crazy but it works for me. i like to visualize things.