Sorry 'bout that, folks....

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Charge!, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    First thread I've ever had to close...but I feel it was necessary. The numnut already has a red card, so I'm wondering why he wasn't kicked off already :confused:

Paul

2. g4m

g4m New Member

Oct 28, 2000
    New Jersey
    adam hinted at this LA charge rumor at a game once way and i mean WAY before ollie showed up...i think its BS and so did he...i do think however a new O/I will come in and pick up an expansion team in both portland and LA...however mitts asking for a trade there when a team comes...now thats possible IMHO

comcast also owns part of the freedom...i have seen NO evidence that they want out...unless you believe oliver...and if you do...i got a SSS/lacrosse facility on the roof of the spectrum i wanna sell you, personally i dont even like seeing his site used when ratings are mentioned...his site should also be rendered a BS persona non grata because of his outragous and disruptive behaivour and constant lying and paranoid behaivour.

HE IS NOT AN INSIDER!!!!!!!!!!

3. John T

John T New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    South Jersey
    I was wondering how they keep the roof from blowing off again. It's all making sense now...

As for expansion, etc, I read a good article outlining the issues of the league on Yahoo. It doesn't sound like we need to worry about trade requests for at least one season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/wusa/news/ap/20020825/ap-wusafuture.html

4. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    Yes, all these rumors are traceable directly to Oliver.

I'm sure at various corporate levels, certain ideas are explored, but I don't believe any merit exists here.

I've been working all weekend so I don't even have a sense of humor about any of this.

5. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
    I just read the article posted by John T.

There's a fundamental question I'd like to ask.

Look at TOTAL attendance.

What is the number of people who attended ONE or more WUSA match.

On the whole my guess is a large % of WUSA goer's ATTEND MULTIPLE matches.

The key is to extend the foundation from where it is. I'd say the base of fans is very LOYAL, but the survival goal for WUSA is extending that base.

How to do it is the big question? And I have no real answer, other than exposure, and increasing awareness of WUSA, get it on ESPN highlights, and local media.

That's where I think the battle is being waged, and here in Philadelphia, I think he battle is progressing well.

6. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
    Oliver, I would agree WUSA is a product.

And I would agree, there's stuff going on we are not privy to.

On the whole the Charge franchise has been a good model for success, and moving it strikes me as a death wish.

But that's what capitalism can be, all about buying ans selling.

As to the details of who owns whom and the blood thristy politics, we leave it to the more enlightened to shed light.

7. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
    Please note Big soccer staff have purged some posts by a poster and some discussions may appear to be a bit schizophrenic.

8. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    I think we all agree that the league has to cast a wider net in attracting fans; the quality of play is solid, but the casual fan is simply not getting the message about the league.

Paul

9. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The latest of Oliver's speculation: Philly Charge =====> L.A. Charge

Before it was, the L.A. Galaxy going to the Mexican League

In due time, it will be the "L.A. Charge" to join the Mexican League. LOL.

Oliver's speculations make for interesting reading. However, one can be speculative without being incendiary.

One thing I gotta hand to the guy is how he works hard to become socially undesirable.

10. we_luv_la

we_luv_la Red Card

Aug 29, 2002
    Los Angeles
    And Eisenhower is still president

Hendricks bought out Comcast's 50% of the Washington Freedom in March 2001, BEFORE THE START OF season #1.

Before you rip someone, get your facts straight, g4m.

And no, I am NOT Oliver Tse.

And you are right, soccerTV.com is a useless piece of s--t.