Sorry about that, Sheik

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Smiley321, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
  2. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Reconciliation Walk statement" is the absolute height of bombastic rhetoric I have read in some time...I take it these crusade-apologists are going to be protected by armed guards in their journey as the general Muslim urge to behead at very least will leave them threatened on every step...

3. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While no one hates Christianity more than I, I like that they gloss over just how Islam spread as it did leading up to the Crusades. It wasn't thanks to charity work and hugs, believe me. The issues between Catholics and the Muslim world are mostly non-starters since all that was two groups of raping, marauding scumbags battling over territory (and the Arabs got paid back in spades when the Mongol Turks came to town...), and to think that requires apologies on the part of Christians just reeks of western guilt. Where the reconciliation really should be attempted is with the Greek Orthodox world, which the Crusades practically ruined, followed by the Church completely ignoring Constantinople's pleas for help while said Turks were running amok...