Songs you hate that everyone else seems to love, Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by YanksFC, Aug 5, 2002.

1. trickyfool

trickyfool New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Orlando, FL
    So those two songs are worse than Hey Mickey by Toni Basil???

2. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    That "Complicated" song. Is that April Lavigne? A teenager whining about how difficult her life is. Charming.

And you have no idea how much this talk about dancing to BOrn In the USA as a toddler and my mom likes the Pixies is making me feel old.

3. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Jesus H Christ In A Yellow Buick, I feel old....

4. trickyfool

trickyfool New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Orlando, FL
    I know, her life can't possibly be complicated. Her being a teenager and all.

5. MPJ334

MPJ334 New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Chelsea,New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why, you're absolutely right. my teenage life is just perfect! i mean, who doesn't like juggling a psycho-mom that doesn't want to realize your growing up/hates u using IMs to communicate, a girlfriend, marching band with two drum majors (one of them on a <i>major</i> power trip...to the point that we (band members) might start striking...), stupid brontë books for Pre-AP English, gifted social studies, future problem solving, community problem solving, history day, scholar's bowl, Future business leaders of america, symphonic band (the bassoon, of course), AND volunteering with 13 fourth graders after school everyday.

nothing complicated about this life @ all...and ppl say i'm an over achiever.

6. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    Wah!!!

Go to your rooms.

7. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Stop your whining, my generation had to do all that while on acid. No pre-shrunk or faded levis, either. We actually had to get out of the couch to change the TV channel with a knob on the TV. And then evade the Vietnam draft on top of that.

You kids..........spoiled!

8. MPJ334

MPJ334 New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Chelsea,New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i do'nt wear levi's. :D and our remote is broken. oh, i left out that i'm in the best position on the field...REFEREE.

9. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    Thanks. You reminded me that I also hate Cake.

10. BakedAlaskan

BakedAlaskan Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Ancho-RAGE,Alaska
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe Bart Simpson said it best.

"Generation Xers.We need another Vietnam.Thin their ranks out a little"

11. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    1) Well, if you have too many things to do, don't blame me, Max Fischer. Was the beekeeping club not available? :)

2) Your life is not complicated. Your life is busy. There is a difference. Perhaps you need to drop an extracurricular and make more time to study your vocabulary.

3) If you live in Alabama, all you need to do to be labeled an overachiever is have sufficient knowledge to successfully feed yourself. Anything else is gravy. I know. I used to live there.

4) And just think, with all of that stuff going on, you now have a strike to organize!!!! I don't know how you're going to fit labor negotiations into your already cramped lifestyle. You may have to break up with your girlfriend. But I know that you love her oh so much and the two of you are meant to be together to the very end. But what can you do when Big Business (or Big High School) has its foot on the back of your neck. Fight the power, kid!!

5) If you're so busy, what are you doing wasting your time here? :)

PS Don't take this letter as mean-spirited, as it is meant to be whimsical in nature. When you're my age, you'll understand. You sound like a good kid and I wish you the best of luck in your activities. Take care.

12. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    Let me explain something to you about Alabama. Every gun in the world comes from Alabama. You couldn't even hold up a bank because everyone in line has a gun. They'll hold you up. The most successful bank robber in state history didn't even use a gun, he used brain teasers. "Why don't drive-ins have matinees?"

13. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You saw this somewhere on Comedy Central and forgot to cite the source, right?

It's funny as hell just the same...

14. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    Ha! It was Darrell Hammond and... wait a second... as a matter of fact I think he was on the Daily Show. And he delivered it better than I could. God! Cake sucks!

15. dcsiouxfan

dcsiouxfan New Member

Feb 8, 2002
    Warrenton, VA
    Back to the topic at hand

Send in the Clowns -- Judy Collins (wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more)

16. trickyfool

trickyfool New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Orlando, FL
    How about.....

Let's get Physical - Olivia Newton-John

I don't like the song and I don't know anyone that does, but it was the number 1 song in the country for a while.

17. djwalker

djwalker BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2000
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it comes in on top of every "Top 100 Rock Songs Of All Times" list, but MANOHMAN I hate "Stairway to Heaven".

Sorry.

18. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    sorry, i love that one a great deal... my dad fought in nam...

i do concur with most of what has been said though

i would like to add all bubble gum pop artists... of all time

19. MPJ334

MPJ334 New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Chelsea,New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    even if u hadn't said that, that's how it would've been taken :D

20. evilcrossbar

evilcrossbar New Member

Jan 19, 2002
    I don´t give a damn what the critics might think, I´ve hated everything Oasis has released.

21. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i thought the critics would agree with you, just not necessarily the fans

22. evilcrossbar

evilcrossbar New Member

Jan 19, 2002
    no at least one of thier albums got rave reviews from the music critics (maybe its just British critics).

23. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Almost anything from the 80's, especially the shyt that came out of Europe. The 80's had music that displayed people with absolutely no talent at all. There's a few exceptions, but most of it was complete crap. The Safety Dance? What the hell was that? But I think the song that annoys me more than any other song ever is "I know what boys like..."

24. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Speaking of bad 80's stuff from 'Europe'

Did you ever get Bros in America ??.

Macarena. Why did you dumb Americans get so into that ?. I'm embarrassed to be of the same species as the masses of people doing the dance at baseball/American football/other sport matches.

I also hate everything Kylie has done ever, as well as all the (c)rap, R'nB etc. that's popular nowadays. I mean, what kind of name is P. Diddy for f_cks sake ?.

25. perctarit

perctarit Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ward 6
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes