Songs for England

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Maxheadroom, Dec 16, 2009.

1. CheeseAndOatcakes

CheeseAndOatcakes New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Haha someone missed the history class.

2. NJ_Gunner1

NJ_Gunner1 Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Hoboken
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. CheeseAndOatcakes

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    It appears so, this small country out flew you in most aspects.

Your own stats work against you.

Doh!

4. NJ_Gunner1

NJ_Gunner1 Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Hoboken
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you explain how they work against me? Nearly 700,000 less fighter sorties resulting in roughly 14,000 more planes claimed mean the United States Air Force was out flown??

5. CheeseAndOatcakes

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    'US Air Force shot them down' Now compare the fighter sorties, not just planes destroyed since a high percentage of those were blown up on the ground.

And it's immediately clear the above statement is entirely incorrect and that's before we even mention the other allied countries.

Ridiculous statement, I really wish we could get along and recognise our countries as friends rather than putting up with that nonsense.

6. NJ_Gunner1

NJ_Gunner1 Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Hoboken
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For Christ sake it was a joke. But when it comes to you saying someone "missed a history lesson", I'm not going to be one to stand by and allow it to seem like the USAAF didn't do a ton, when its obvious they did.

I get that the entire song is a strong reference to the Battle of Britain, prior to the US entering the war, which stalled the German invasion of the UK.

And I believe we are getting along just fine, until the 12th :D

7. CheeseAndOatcakes

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    When it's the same thing you hear over and over again, it gets very tedious.

But ok man, I actually support the US (except when they play England of course).

I think it will be a tough game on the 12th for both teams and I'm going to be on Skype watching the game with my american friends.

8. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any song needs to be easy for large groups to catch on to.

9. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Do note, the stats are for fighters claimed destroyed, not actual kills. It is kind of annoying when someone steps in and makes stupid claims, even if it is "just for fun." My grandad got shot down twice by the Germans, a near statistical improbability. Including crashing very close to his home! He never told me how many kills he got. He refused to detail that, thinking that it was not something his grandson did not need to know. All I know was that it was over 5.

And essentially the hard work in defending Britain was done by the end of the Battle of Britain. Germany needed air superiority in order to invade, they did not get it. And it was something they needed since the invasion force was far too easy to attack. Therefore, the best the Germans could hope for with Britain was a draw.

And I digress.

In terms of songs, there really is not much that the US could sing that would actually be effective. War stuff is pointless, singing about the 1950's is past anyone's memory, so why not go for something pro-US? The "Over there" thing would be good. Just dont go for Country Roads! It is similar to when Scotland came out with "Dont come home too soon!"

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  11. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldnt that be epic? Just the same song the entire game... similar to attending an Argentina match.

12. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys are going to have a tough time out-singing England because face it they have more experience/better songbook and you will be saddled with a greater percentage of US fans there with more cash than time to keep up with your song ideas, as cool as they are.

So have at it, but have something in the tank that everyone in the USA knows from childhood... and everyone can join in-- besides USA USA USA, which will indubitably happen.

Plus, seeing this song before recent Flyers games is really getting me pumped to hear every US fan, not just the supporters groups, sing a proper song together; one that everyone will know, that is uniquely American, and will bring goose bumps to all of you lucky bastards who will be there when the chips are down and you need to out-sing everyone so the boys know who owns that stadium..... God Bless America

When they pull out Rule Britania you blast em with God Bless America, double time.

See said example. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxN42jOeBac&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxN42jOeBac&feature=related[/ame]

13. doug001001

doug001001 Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    chorus of hey jude

don-na-na-na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na, don-a-von

14. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i love how the british can dish it out, but get so defensive if you sing a song about them. :rolleyes:

15. CheeseAndOatcakes

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    It was a question hence the question mark. :rolleyes:

Doh!

16. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    I'm not sure how many of my countrymen realize that Country Roads was hijacked into a very Eurotrashy German pop song. Not a good choice. (Not that I ever liked it much anyhow.)

17. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    LOL, nice!

18. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're just a suburb of Dublin! You're just a suburb of Dublin!
    SUBURB OF DUBLIN!
    You're just a suburb of Dublin!

19. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Dont get it

20. CheeseAndOatcakes

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I'm glad it wasn't just me thinking that. Maybe it's designed to confuse?

21. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys that dense?

England is just a suburb of Dublin. Could replace Dublin with: Scotland, Ireland, etc.

When we play Mexico we've sung "You're just a suburb of Texas!"

22. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I could understand if Scotland or Wales was used but theres water seperating Ireland from England.

Mexico joins on to USA, Ireland doesnt join to England if anythings dense its the crappy song suggestion.

23. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guy, ya know what? I don't really care what someone from England thinks about our songs. We're not here to prove anything to you because, quite simply, we're better than you in every way possible.

1 person likes this.
  24. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ha ha.

Well you certainly arent better in creating football chants thats for certain. Geography also doesnt seem to be a strong point either.

25. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This came to me last night as I could not sleep. no idea how that happens...

seven-teen seventy-six we kicked your ass the first time....

Eight-teen twelve we kicked your ass again......

nine-teen fifty We kicked your ass once more......

Today our boys are gonna kick your ass and make it number four!