Song Chong Gug

Discussion in 'Korea' started by FlashM11, Jul 11, 2005.

1. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    So, now you are not only a Christian, but a prophet as well? Are you willing to be stoned to death if you are proven false, like those in the scriptures?

2. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    lets just leave the guy alone....hes just a kid....i dont think he means any harm

3. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    Well, baseball isn't a sport that requires the same conditioning as say football(soccer), so I don't see how smoking would necessarily make a pitcher "suck."

I'm sure there are non-smokers in the Korean professional league that were far worse than Goo, and there are even many worse pitchers in MLB.

Maybe Goo just needs to adjust to MLB. He's only been in the league for a few months, right?

And I don't think we can say he wouldn't suck if he were a non-smoker or lived Cha Bum-keun's lifestyle. Does Cha's son live that lifestyle too? Little Cha isn't remotely close to his father's level.

4. taegukgi2004

taegukgi2004 New Member

Jan 10, 2005

man, how has talking about song status lead to this type of abuse ...thank god, he is little boy...i know he means no harm...he is still okay with me....

5. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Anyway wtf has this got to with Song anyway, i just hope song recovers well and kicks some ass at the next wc

6. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    its the problem of discipline. Do we all agree that any sports player will perform better without smoking than with smoking? If a star player can 95 miles per hour while smoking, i'm sure he can pitch at least 96 without smoking. No doubt Goo is a "great" pitcher, but he could have become greater if he didnt smoke, or if he had enough perseverance not to smoke.

Smoking hurts more than your lung capacity. It shows bad attitude. Anyone who played serious college sports or higher will know what i'm talking about. Its a world where an inch of more effort differentiates winner from losers.

7. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    unless you're alexander popov breaking world records in the 50m freestyle smoking multiple packs a day.

8. taegukgi2004

taegukgi2004 New Member

Jan 10, 2005

so does vlade divac ...i don't know which team he play for nowdays...however, he is a chain smoker and the only athlete i know who smokes ciggies.....

tae

9. FlashM11

FlashM11 New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    California
    he plays for the lakers. christ 4 life.

10. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    If he didn't smoke, perhaps, he will help his team more. Anyway, this thread keeps digressing. Is it because we have too many [​IMG]???? :D

11. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia

12. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Can you see this, too? [​IMG] :p

13. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

haha i had no intention of turning this thread into a religious discussion. it doesnt matter what your religion is, it doesnt make a difference of how good of a footballer you are. its just that my dad's a mok-sah (pastor) and that made it a plus, since song chong-gug is christian, and i heard my dad talk about the way park chu young kneels down and prays usually after he scores a goal... but my parents dont care if park ji sung or lee dong gook isnt christian, we still root for our country, and it makes no difference what religion you are..

oh by the way, whats that movie? like its monks and i think catholics? they have their differences and they set it aside and play soccer together? something like that, but if anyone has this movie or knows where to get it on clubbox, id rep you everytime and second i can. i REALLY want to see this movie, it sounds REALLY interesting..

14. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I never seen this movie, but u might be talking about a football movie called "Shaolin Soccer". I heard it was very funny. But yet to see it.

But if it's not, then i don't know what movie you talking about.

I recommend A Shot At Glory, not a comedy football movie but it's very interesting and features former Glasgow Ranger Ally McCoist (But the ironic thing is, in this movie, Ally McCoist who plays the character Jackie McQuillan was a legendary Celtic). But seriously, interesting movie, the way he handles Division-2 life.

15. KovenDreamer

KovenDreamer Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Shaolin Soccer was just about 5 Shaolin monk-like brothers playing together. There's nothing in religion but it's a funny movie.

Anyway, this might be a little off topic, but it seems alot of you are rewatching the 2002 World Cup matches, but I can't find any recordings of the ESPN broadcast available anywhere.

And also, it has to be said that it doesn't matter whether a player is Christian, Buddhist, or whatever. I have always dreamed of Korea winning the World Cup, so that South Korea and Korean people in general can make a name for themselves in a world that so easily overlooks us. I don't care what a player's religion is as long as he's a winner, and as far as I can see, there are alot of winners on the Korean national team.

16. augietx

augietx Member

Feb 17, 2005
    TexAS
    Why are people talking about a movie?

Let's talk about Song. Anyone have any news? This guy needs to regain some confidence.