Song Chong Gug

Discussion in 'Korea' started by FlashM11, Jul 11, 2005.

1. FlashM11

FlashM11 New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    California
    I was rewatching Portugal vs. Korea when they played during the world cup and Song was playing amazing. I hope this guy will come back to the NT. Do you guys think he will? Is he in better shape now?

2. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

im still addicted to 2002 and i rewatched poland, usa, portugal, italy, spain, and germany at least twice ever since 2002. song chong gug did awesome in all the games. if you watched poland vs korea in ESPN the announcer said Song played brilliantly on the right side today. i like eul yong lee's little backheel chip in the game against poland around the 70th or 80th minute, and i forgot what part of the game it was against poland but the ball looked like it would roll out and all of a sudden out of no where song chong gug came running and saved it, and i think it was in the game against USA when song had that little good fake.

song chong gug is one of the underrated player in South Korea i believe. i mean he does get a lot of attention but he deserves to play for korea for a long time, and i heard hes a good Christian = )

3. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    Yes Song is a good player, he's had hard time with injury and divorce... he is such a smart player that needs to get up on his feet....

we need him for next yr

4. FlashM11

FlashM11 New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    California
    yup christian players are somewhat always successful like ahn, lee young pyo , song, park chu yong. and players that are non christian like lee dong gook are uncecssfull. for example he didnt make it to the 2002 squad.

5. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    What about Park Ji-sung, the buddhist? And all those countless successful world players who don't profess the Christian faith?

Your views are rather prejudiced.

6. taegukgi2004

taegukgi2004 New Member

Jan 10, 2005

dude,

leave religion out of sports..please....also, as of right now, DK Lee is much more succesful than song so, what would you say to that....song hasn't done shiat since he came back from holland...perhaps, jesus got song injured and the devil made lee a good player suddenly...load of crap....

7. FlashM11

FlashM11 New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    California
    anyways remember how song played defence against song. it was crazy. figo couldnt do anything.

8. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.

9. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    And Figo is at Madrid, while Song is in K-League's bench. I admire Song's performance at the WC too, but your points do not support the view that Christians are more dominant in sports than non-Christians.

And if you want to make a moralistic argument, then why are so many professing Christians lining up with the war-mongering policies of the American un-elected President, who is a proven liar and business partner of bin Laden, not to mention a member of a secret society antithetical to the Christian faith?

Your theology is warped.

By the way, what does "somewhat always" mean? Somewhat or always?

10. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [/FONT]

oh jeez....

11. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Hey, that is short for "Jeeezus!" Don't use the Lawd's name in vain.

;)

12. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    why can't haters find better reasons to hate? :D

13. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    He just got married, I thought.

14. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005

uhh i consider myself a good christian, too, but i really dont see what this has to do with anything. that post is so outrageous it almost seems like youre trying to be funny....were you? :confused:

also lee dg is a buddhist..and hes entitled to choose whatever religion he likes. and hes having a solid year for our NT and for pohang.

15. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    btw, anyone here in the Chicago area? Real Madrid is coming this saturday to play Chivas. im going....just wondering if anyone else was.

16. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    and yes..i realize that last post had absolutely nothing to do with song chong gug

17. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    sac,

u are only allowed to post 3 consecutive posts in any BS thread. The penalty for going 4 in a row is Red Card. To prevent you from making an unwitting mistake and being banned, I am posting to cut off your 4th post. :D

18. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    oh wow...thanks a lot :D

19. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    What a stupid response to a stupid comment given how making hyperbolic comments about politics and religion always makes things more pleasent. And how the heck is any of what you wrote a moralistic argument???

20. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    :D I am glad you got a laugh out of my joke. I will pos rep you back when I can. It should worth 19 times your rep point. :)

21. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    He just got divorced in April.

If u believe some rumours about him, he's supposed to be a playboy - in any case, he's going thru a rough patch right now.

22. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    A devout Christian, a playboy? Nah, I don't believe it. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I would have never guessed that he is a playboy.

23. taegukgi2004

taegukgi2004 New Member

Jan 10, 2005
    well, why not rkim..after all, you know these KNT footies are like treated as rook stars.....I wouldn't be surprised after all, you know chris rock's punch line...."we are only loyal as our options"...if i have to explain this to you, you prolly aren't a playa....nevertheless, i hope he gets his form right...I do miss him dearly on our NT.....

24. Step-Over

Step-Over Member

Mar 29, 2003
    However, I have to ask, how does this theory explain that most of the English, Dutch, German and French squad members(because most central and northern European countries are secular) have no religious affiliation, though, they, nevertheless, all play pretty proficient football?

25. Step-Over

Step-Over Member

Mar 29, 2003
    :D