Son Heung-min @ Tottenham Hotspur FC 2020-2021 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by wetcrispy, Aug 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    I respect Burnley's last defender for not committing a professional foul. With Son flying forward at full speed, a foul would have been very dangerous and could have resulted in serious injury. Furthermore, not much was on the line for Burnley. The game was already out of reach. Burnley was down 2-0, on their way to losing 5-0.

2. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    https://streamvi.com/watch/1608751229

woulda been his 100th for tottenham and another assist from kane

seolseol repped this.
  3. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

mina kimes' umma

4. Gash Basher

Gash Basher Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Didn’t realize she was Mina’s mom! Good to see the Korean love. Bet Younghoe Koo is a spurs fan too.

5. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i remember his Chargers Debut. My heart sank for him when i saw him miss the game winner. Now he's one of the top kickers in the league. He is statistically the best kicker atm.

6. Gash Basher

Gash Basher Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  7. sogyeokdong

sogyeokdong Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Leash has always been short for NFL kickers--good to see him doing well. Now we just need some of that gyopo footy talent to develop b/c I've played w some disgusting Kor-Am atheletes in both bball/soccer in my days but they're still sorely underrepresented even in the college scene

And not to delve too far away from SHM--hope he and the team gets back on track vs Wolves.

8. Pacman 3rd Time

South Korea
    Jul 11, 2020
  9. coated

coated Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Dejavu with Tott giving up another late goal, from a set piece no less. This after inviting pressure all game and looking toothless in attack. Also, playing Son at RM ain't it. Mou's subs were puzzling, esp leaving Winks on.

10. sogyeokdong

sogyeokdong Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sub Son, concede goal and lose points.

Son/Kane can't even link up b/c there is absolutely NO ONE in attack. This style of football is outdated and will not work against good teams. Needs to change this shit mentality of threatening NO attack at all

dudedudedude, Pacman 3rd Time and coated repped this.
  11. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sucked today, but so did the whole team.

12. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    I remember a Korean reporter asked Poch in his second to last season that anytime Son scored they end up winning. This season a Korean reporter should ask Mourinho that anytime Son is subbed they drop points...

seolseol repped this.
  13. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #513 dudedudedude, Dec 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    i think it can work but they are missing the personnel required for it. They need somebody playing behind son and kane that is offensively reliable. think like a kevin de bruyne, david silva and modric type. Then they need 2 good defenders (preferably a CB) that can win headers. They literally concede on set pieces or corner kicks 66%-75% of all their goals condeded. The defensive requirement is more important than the offensive requirement. If Son or Kane track back then its pointless ddoing this. your just gas-ing out your offensive weapons. I think now they should just try to play their strength which is son and kane pressing hard.

14. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    The team changed after the West Ham draw when they gave up 3 goal in the last 10 minutes. It seems, Mourinho decided that was never going to happen again. They played a defensive, counterattacking style, and with Son and Kane so clinical in front of goal, it only took a couple of good chances to finish off games. The talk of an EPL title began.

But, it began to sputter against Liverpool. Steven Bergwijn missed two good chances. So did Kane. Then, suddenly, the goals dried up. They'd get only one or two chances per game, and didn't convert at the same high rate. The opponents got wise to Spurs counterattack and did a better job of covering.

Mou said that he'd prefer to play a higher line, but cannot because he need a CB with more speed. Davinson Sanchez could be that guy, but he's not trusted. Toby is too slow. Until Sanchez develops into a more reliable option or they get Skriniar as been rumored for months, it will be an up and down season, I think.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  15. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
  16. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #516 dudedudedude, Dec 29, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    Pacman 3rd Time repped this.
  17. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Mou had Son plopping goals left and right until a moment ago and now that he's not he needs to go somewhere else? Lol this place

seolseol, inten, LeeSeungWoo and 3 others repped this.
  18. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    You are either world class or garbage. Unfortunately, that's how some folks see the world

wetcrispy and LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  19. inten

inten Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Even in a normal season, the winter period is incredibly tough on the players and in this season it's pretty obvious everyone is just knackered. Tottenham have had a really tough run of games and haven't had any major injuries to key players, and that alone is a pretty big win.

Some of you sound like high schoolers with your reactionary alarmism, chill the f out.

20. Pacman 3rd Time

South Korea
    Jul 11, 2020
    Spurs are now sitting at 7th and a top 4 finish will be very challenging to say least.

21. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Would most likely have been third if the game against Fulham wasn't postponed.

22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Haha agree. One week Mou is a genius and everything is good next week when Son do not score he needs to leave. Borderline fun.

nmssis repped this.
  23. Covidiot

Covidiot Red Card

Jun 11, 2020
  24. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Pacman 3rd Time repped this.