Son Heung-min @ Tottenham Hotspur FC 2019-2020 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Kenny South, Jul 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TreySongz

TreySongz Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Detroit
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Thought he did well in the first half. But in the 2nd , man move the fcking ball forward. 3-4 occasions where he passed back and united got the ball back.

2. coated

coated Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Sucks that Dier was having one of the better games of his career before being undone by Pogba there. Also, Lamela did have an overall solid game (esp def), but those two times he could've easily sprung Son loose and held the ball were pretty frustrating to watch.

3. seoulman9

seoulman9 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    My god, what a moronic false choice.

jessypjs and 12th Player repped this.
  4. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Gedson...i hope so

5. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    he aint no Lee Dong Gook, that's for sure.

6. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    seolseol, jessypjs and nmssis repped this.
  7. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That's the choice they made, not mine :thumbsup:

8. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Two times? The dude is a Son hater. He does it ALL THE TIME.

9. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    @BENJMNS Okay guess I’m not the only one who feels that way as well. There isn’t much of a chemistry between them. They really needed Dele cause if he was in Lamela’s position, dele would of pin pointed that pass to Son cause of their connection. Honestly I wonder if he has some sort of grudge against son, cause back in the day it was those two who would always battle for that last attacking midfield spot, because he has now ended up now on the bench watching son get the limelight.

10. epicurusepicurus

Valencia
    Aug 31, 2018
    Starting vs West Ham

seolseol repped this.
  11. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    what a joke

12. epicurusepicurus

Valencia
    Aug 31, 2018
    Sonny's goal at 45 called offside by mere inches.

13. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  14. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    nmssis repped this.
  15. sogyeokdong

sogyeokdong Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Perfect placement from Son for the Kane assist. Wasn't asked to do much today as WHU was parking the bus and playing in their own half. Tottenham dominated passes, possession, corners, shots on goal, etc. Not too worried about Sonny, he was unlucky with the offside goal, but overall his fitness looks great post-break and I'm sure he'll be back to scoring soon. I believe that's the 9th assist and still #1 on team in assists this season

Also, I like Lamela as a sub way more than him starting, he was lively in winning back balls even though he was wasteful with his 2-3 chances in the box. Bergwijn looks a lot better than Moura, may have fitness issues though so I was alright with the Lucas start despite his very subpar play today.

coated, wetcrispy and nmssis repped this.
  16. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

till that goal, Kane was off...way off.

wetcrispy repped this.
  17. sogyeokdong

sogyeokdong Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah but he's much rustier than everyone else, he's been out since New Years due to injury + hasn't been able to train as much. That curling pass to Dele was nearly a front-page highlight all over Reddit. Historically, Kane has went on goal scoring tears after every single return from injury and it's promising he got one today even though an in-form Kane would have easily gotten a hat today.

Much more worried about Ndombele not even sniffing playing time (locker room problem? If it's still fitness related, that's a terrible sign) and the future signing window problems of getting an actual Mourinho style defense + backup striker for HK

jessypjs and nmssis repped this.
  18. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    Got his 10th assist in all competitions this season. I think it might of been his first season with 10+ goals 10 assist. Needs 4 more goals to make it a 20 and 10 season which would be sweet

coated, seolseol and jessypjs repped this.
  19. inten

inten Member

Apr 27, 2014
    He looks like he’s still struggling with fitness, which makes sense considering how long he’s been out injured.

More concerned that he’s playing out full games and not getting subbed. Recipe for another injury IMO

nmssis repped this.
  20. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    if he get's subbed in, then he might body slam Jose.

21. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes it is, after harsh statements from Mourinho, Ndombele decided not to play for Tottenham anymore (as long as Mourinho will be in charge)

22. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
  23. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i don't buy that ndombele said that. i feel like it's the media trying to recreate the mou and pogba situation

inten repped this.
  24. inten

inten Member

Apr 27, 2014
    I’ll only buy it if he doesn’t get a single minute next game against Sheffield.

25. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ndombele, sissoko, winks, GLC, and gedson fernandes are all too similar at CM and don't offer adequate cover for the backline.

it looks like GLC is playing deeper and he's good at holding onto the ball, but he's also a good passer and should be played more forward to maximize attacking opportunities.

i like individual players on the squad but it's a poorly constructed squad and putting in ndombele when he's not fully fit will only make the midfield look bad, as he needs a deeper midfielder providing cover for him consistently.

i think dele and GLC would play best as a second striker (but SHM is pegged at the position) and they're being slotted in elsewhere to get them in the starting 11, but it's not ideal.

inten repped this.