Son Heung-min @ Tottenham Hotspur FC 2019-2020 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Kenny South, Jul 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PacMan over again

South Korea
    Mar 4, 2018
    Massimiliano Allegri ??

2. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...utm_source=m.facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Jose Mourinho appointed new Head Coach

Commenting on the appointment, Chairman Daniel Levy said: “In Jose we have one of the most successful managers in football. He has a wealth of experience, can inspire teams and is a great tactician. He has won honours at every club he has coached. We believe he will bring energy and belief to the dressing room.”

Speaking on his appointment, Jose said: “I am excited to be joining a Club with such a great heritage and such passionate supporters. The quality in both the squad and the academy excites me. Working with these players is what has attracted me.”

3. PacMan over again

South Korea
    Mar 4, 2018
    Park the bus.

I think Son should leave?

4. TreySongz

TreySongz Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Detroit
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    nmssis, Hyok, seolseol and 3 others repped this.
  5. PacMan over again

South Korea
    Mar 4, 2018
    Well Bayern, Real and ManU all have interest in Poch, if Poch was to go Bayern maybe a chance to see Sonny follow?

6. yhr88

yhr88 Member

South Korea
    Jun 13, 2017
    I do not see Tottenham doing well after the Mourinho appointment.

nmssis repped this.
  7. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Levy won’t let him go. He would need to spend just as much to get a replacement that is as good as him (crap CMs like Ndombele costs 60m these days). Plus, his contract runs until 2023 or 2024.

Plus, I can’t see Bayern shelling out a ridiculous sum when the have young talented wingers in Coman and Gnabry. And if they buy anyone it’s going to be Sane.

12th Player repped this.
  8. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    While I agree about Bayern & Son, Ndombele has been one of the bright lights this season. I would buy him again for 60m.

zdrstvte repped this.
  9. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
  10. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    @zdrstvte Gnabry is a really good player, but let’s be real anyone in the world even people in France will say Son is better than Coman. Talent is there but the guy picks up a knock too often.

11. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Agreed that he’s one of the better players at Spurs right now, but I don’t think he’s as dominant or controlling as Dembele was before. Maybe he’ll improve.

12. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    That’s beside the point. The point is that they don’t need to shell out for a winger at the moment: is Son worth paying for when Levy would ask for a ridiculous transfer fee + Coman can do the job well. Plus, Alphonso Davies is turning out to be a great addition to the team and might be displacing Coman as the first team starter.

Son is 27 and isn’t getting any younger. Bayern has young talented wingers (I mean Alphonso Davies is only 19) and if they go for anyone, they will go for Sane and send Coman the other way.

13. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #313 takeuchi, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    converting him to LB atm. i think all top teams are looking for good 3 player rotation in that critical position these days.

anyways, endless what IF.. and if Bayern do decide to purchase & Sane.. you can more or less make a case Son will pay his transfer itself through all the kit sells in the early weeks of his move.

Gnabry, Son and Sane..

at the same time, Bayern has to deal w/ Coutinho.. of whom, Poch might want to keep.

edit - around 100m+ & about good 4 to 5 yrs left in Son HM at top lvl (if he can stay health). good deal imo in this crazy transfer market..

14. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
  15. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Son needs to move for his career but everyone knows he wont/wont be able to for a while...

16. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Lol that’s a biggest IF above all. And if he is good for one season then it’s a complete waste of money (wingers that rely on speed like Son don’t usually last long).

Especially with Mourinho at Spurs, Son won’t be allowed to leave anyway.

17. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    true for every single player (young & old) but clubs spend millions anyways. fair enough on "wingers" but Bayern got good yrs out of Robben & Ribery. Gnabry is good player but Son HM is a clear upgrade over him. If Munich can purchase Son and Sane... that is extremely formidable for Munich to compete in CL again.

as for Mourinho at Spurs? you never know.. i expect zero movement in winter but after this season? out of the 3 on long contract, Son HM is the more likely to be sold over Alli & Kane (can't see Levy wanting to sell them) ...... and good bet, Spurs will need to sell if they don't finish in top 4. unlikely to get any fee for Eriksen, Vert, and etc.. as they could all leave for free

18. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Son isn’t anywhere as good as Robben and Ribery at their peaks. Not even close.

And no, I don’t see how he’s a clear upgrade. In the current form, I would take Gnabry over Son (good showing in the league, great showing in Champions League, and amazing in the NT). Whatever, I don’t want to get into “no he’s not, yes he is” debate.

As you said, Son can easily make his money back through merchandise sales. Even more reason why Levy won’t let him go.

19. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #319 takeuchi, Nov 20, 2019
    I didn't make any comment of Son being as good as Robben and Ribbery. I stated Bayern got good yrs out of them.

On risk factor.. especially on injury, I can make a case Son has proven he can stay healthy compared to other top talents out there. For example, Sane.. atm, is out with serious injury.. one many don't return to their old self (and continue have injuries cuz of it when they return). Dembele.. who moved to Barca, again.. dealing with injuries & is constantly out.

Out of all the top players currently not playing for top club (who wins titles), Sancho and Son are only it. They are about the only two players that I can think of where clubs will say.. they are more or less proven players for them or even an upgrade.

On Gnabry.. he has YET to match Son HM in consistency (crazy for me to say it) or production in every season. Even this season, aside from his hat trick against Spurs in CL... I will say Son HM has been more influential & better as a player compared to Gnabry.

edit - on Levy, all about balancing the books. if Spurs don't make the CL next yr, he has to balance the books through other means. sale of Son (or Kane) is the obvious choice for Levy. Spurs Son HM merchandise isn't suddenly going to 2x or 3x all of a sudden to cover up the loss of CL revenue.

20. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #320 kimchipride, Nov 20, 2019
    Am I the only one excited for the managerial appointment? Mourinho is known for counterattacking teams and Sonny will fit the bill with his pace and power.

Mourinho parks the bus when he doesn't have the personnel to counterattack but look at what he did what Real Madrid. Won La Liga against arguably the best team of all time in Barcelona.

Manchester United was a bunch of scrubs and he won trophies with them along with getting 2nd in the Premier League.

If Son wants to win trophies, Mourinho is the manager help him do it. Even if things come crashing down in three years, Son with trophies will elevate him to a level on par with PJS.

21. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LMAO

22. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ok boomer

Zizzle, wetcrispy and killaorca repped this.
  23. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    ...what does that mean?

24. PacMan over again

South Korea
    Mar 4, 2018
    Ok, let's be realistic here, who thinks Mourinho is going to sit idle and calmly and not throw a tantrum at Levy for funds to purchase high-level signings?

Off the top of my head the last 3 clubs Mourinho was at he left in chaos.

I think Levy just wants the Spurs back in top 4 playing Champions League and getting his flashy new stadium full of fans and getting his return on investment.

25. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    No clue. I’m too old to understand lol