Son Heung-Min @ Hamburg SV 2009-2010 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Randomized, Apr 22, 2010.

1. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    haha, thanks. He must be doing very well. Our future looks bright with Nam, Suk and him.

2. Klogon

Klogon Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Wow, that's high praise LOL

3. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    shtttttt i'm gonna start watching his games.

4. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    "In the second passage was changed industrious. Crowd favorite Collin Benjamin was there and gave me the Korean Son Heung Min in the best of all fallen substitute. The boy (18 years) is courageous, dribbling, elegant, agile, quick, direct way is to goal, seeking the conclusion - has something that will help the HSV soon, I am absolutely convinced."

http://hsv-blog.abendblatt.de/

5. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I hope he makes the first team. I would love to add a Hamburg jersey to the collection.

6. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    if he makes it to the 1st team and perhaps start in a consistant basis before 2014 and with suk playing for ajax as a starter. our striker position will be stacked with overseas players. PJY, SUK, SON.

7. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah 2014 is going to be fun if these guys keep developing. Brazil here I come!

8. trudodyr

trudodyr Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Hamburg coach Armin Veh about Son: "He is carefree, that helps in the beginning. When he starts thinking about his game later on, he might experience a temporary slump. But he is indeed a great talent. He passes the ball and immediately goes forward, right where it hurts. Many players avoid that, but he doesn't. He has outstanding skills. I can't say exactly what will happen to him in the future, but I can certainly picture him making appearances for the first team. Why not?"

9. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    WOW, he's really good. Hope he can play for the first team soon.

11. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  12. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    on hamburg wiki page it states that SON is a MF?

13. news

news Member

Jan 24, 2008
    As it should.

14. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    i thought he was a FW

15. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    he plays more as a winger/second striker/ support whatever u wanna call it. technically hes a mid but usually mids have some defensive responsiblities which he does not really have. hes definitely not box to box.

16. Koreafan

Koreafan Member

Jan 1, 2010
    wow he looks pretty good. He seems pretty aggressive going forward when he has the ball at his feet(which i think LCY should do more).

It'll be interesting to see how all these young kids developing in europe turn out.

17. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Do we have any good wingers to replace Park Ji Sung? maybe he could become a winger.

In time, he could learn some defensive abilities, but it is very apparent he is very skilled at moving forward. I will definitely watch this kid.

18. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He's got the goods to become a solid inverted winger, mainly because of his ability to blast shots from anywhere to along with his dribbling skills. It should be worth the experiment to employ him out wide with his stronger foot on the inside, so he can cut in-field to fancy more options (e.g. Robben and Dempsey). I've heard that his work-rate is a suspect, but keep in mind that he's only 18. Players can pick up tactical awareness as they develop.

19. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  20. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good stuff

21. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Thats some quick feet. Im liking what i see, because i want to see more player like him that would actually go one-on-one with the opposition and actually beat the man.
    I like I like.

22. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Thanks for the YouTube version, the Korean site wasn't working for me, as usual.

Oh 주여. This kid is a freaking beast. Imagine him and LCY on opposing flanks in 2014.

23. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    theres going to be huge competition come 2014 not only do u have established players competeing but you also have the likes of KBK, GJC, KSY, LCY, Son, Suk, YBS, plus Park may still be in the picture. its excellent for the KNT to start to have some SERIOUS competition.

Son is only 18 so it may be hard to figure into the squad come 2014 unless of injury or club form. hes more of a 2018 prospect.

24. mk27

mk27 Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Yeah, our talent pool is getting bigger, many also playing in Europe to get some higher-level experience.

Anyone who is 17-19 will have chances to get into the 2014 World-Cup Squad so long as they are playing. Ki and LCY were only 21-22 in this World-Cup, so kids like Son & Suk would be in Ki and LCY's position in 2014

25. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    if son is playing for ham or any other high profile european club in 2014 im sure he'll be an automatic lock for a KNT spot. i think european players are always given priority imo