Son Heung-Min @ Hamburg SV 2009-2010 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Randomized, Apr 22, 2010.

1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Not to get too off topic, but I think LCY would benefit far greater at any equivalent talent squad in Germany/Italy/Spain where he can play a more open style of play. And thats less reflective of Bolton (which is getting better) than the EPL where the play gets ugly pretty fast after the top few teams.

Already Hamburg is getting healthier so I'm more worried about him getting minutes given that they are not in any cup / european competition.

2. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We're now at a point where JSR can punt it upfield for LCY to knock down for a teammate. How awesome is that?! Also, LCY won a shoulder challenge and stole the ball from the ball-vaccuuming beast known as Fellaini on Wednesday. That shows you what Bolton has done for him!

3. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Which wouldn't have happened if he went to a club like Arsenal...

Although, it'd be pretty sweet if SHM and LCY and KSY were all playing together at Hamburg. At one point there was a possibility that it could've happened. At least KSY was linked w/ Hamburg.

Hopefully, Hamburg can look into taking some of the other kids like Koo Ja Cheol or Yoon or the like w/ them if they win the gold medal this month.

4. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    What's odd is some players like Hleb and Flamini leave the Arse for greener pastures and don't get the playing time, leave again, in Hleb's case, and go into a blackhole at a club like B'ham.

5. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I'm not sure how much Lee Chungyong will shine amongst similar type of players in Arsenal, and you mine as well disregard him looking 7 kinds of special in La Liga. I think he will make a good fit in Inter Milan. It is a wishful thinking though. No club of Arsenal or Inter's calibre has come out and claimed an interest in him.

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sure enough, most of our KNT needs toughening up for sure but I am more eager to see brilliant combo play out of Son, Ji, LCY and PCY in the near future. In particular, I think Son has the same understanding of diagonal moves into space that PJS has that makes PJS so effective for KNT. Once Son's teammates start trusting him more, I think he will be devastating on the edge of the box.

Now as for our defense... I'd love to see them learn from the EPL.

7. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    OMG, if they can reach their potential by 2014, we can even play an old school Brazilian 4-2-4 formation against some countries.

Then again, the backline and GK might look like the old Brazil too tho... :(

8. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Is Son on the bench?

9. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yes. I am hoping to get probably 60 minutes of productivity at least.

10. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I bet he'll come on for Guerrero. Btw, this is tangental, but other than him and Juan Manuel Vargas, are there any other decent Peruvians in Europe these days? Just curious...

11. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ok, thanks milk.

12. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Solano ahaha

13. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Jefferson Farfan @ Shalke

14. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Dammit... Thought Armin Veh would pull the trigger and change shape to bring Son on for Kacar... Rincon comes in instead...

Btw, Kagawa Shinji looks pretty impressive. :(

15. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Every time I see Kagawa play beautiful exchanges of multiple on-target one touch passes with his teammates, my thoughts earlier this thread about guys like LCY are further confirmed. HSV is really lucky to be level with such a horrible defense that is being picked apart by Kagawa and co.

16. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    HAHAHA when you listen to music and watch the managers do their tactical things, it looks like they are doing some funky dance moves.

17. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    It'll get better for LCY. :eek: Holden's there to link passes for him now. Also Sean and Mark Davies will be back soon. But I do see your point.

Did Hamburg even have a shot on target that first half? Ouch... ZeRoberto got away with that [poor, desperate] tackle btw... And Goetze should've scored for Dortmund by now...

18. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Eesh... Kagawa scores. Or is that an own goal on westermann? Doesn't matter. Bring on Son @now Armin Veh!!!

19. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ooh just saw Son warming up.

20. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Son on Rincon off

21. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    He's coming on!!!!

Substitute coming on for substitute. Veh should've brought him on earlier...

Omg he almost just scored. Look at all the Korean photographers!

22. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He makes impact already. Come on Son!

23. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kagawa with a beautiful back heel wasted .

Son is in!! And almost bowls the goalie over with a heavy shot.

24. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Son tried to cross to a teammate but it was deflected by a defender which nearly went in but goalie caught it.

Kagawa and Son both look alike. But Son is more handsome ahahah. And he just dribble inside all by himself and took a shot which the defenders blocked. Son is doing great.

25. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    AHHHH... Almost scored again...