Sometimes Fire Related: What are you drinking?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by danimal60914, Jul 30, 2016.

1. bunge, GHjelm and xtomx repped this.
  2. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Well, it depends on how much you consume.

Happy Birthday!

bunge, GHjelm and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  3. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I unironically love it. Our love did grow slowly after years of casual encounters...

Jiggly_333, bunge and xtomx repped this.
  4. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's not the initial blast that gets you, it's the fact that it lingers so long. It looks your taste buds in the eyes and says, "I'm the captain now."

Jiggly_333 and GHjelm repped this.
  5. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Corner of Bedlam and Squalor (It's that way ->)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'll agree with this.

xtomx repped this.
  6. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Taste buds?!?

Malort doesn't just say "I'm the captain now."

It kicks your taste buds in the nads, steals your girl/boy friend and, like any captains worth their salt, makes ye' walk the plank and go down to Davy Jones' Locker.

bunge repped this.
  7. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These egg rolls are gonna be so good.
    IMG_20200520_182630.jpg

8. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    What's open in Indiana? Any breweries open yet?

9. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure TBH. Just heard Floyd's was shuttering the pub for a long time which is sad because we'll its probably the best in the area. Windmill is my second favorite about 5 minutes south of Floyd's but pretty sure it's curbside only. Totally reccomend if they reopen soon it's just a small taproom with great beer and a chill cat. Just don't bring weed it's next to the police station.I don't really bother going to many places in the area because well Floyds was probably the cheapest uber and the best anyway
    images.jpg

10. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Can you do some reconnaissance if you're available? It'd be greatly appreciated, I need to do a lunch meeting next Wednesday and I'll do it in the 8th worst state in the union if I can find a good spot, preferably close to the Illinois border. How about 18th St brewery?

11. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2161 sportscrazed2, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
    Been to the one in Hammond once and it was a pretty cool place but not quite sure what they're up too. Beer and food are good. What kind of meeting? Work? Might be loud it's kinda like an old industrial warehouse with metal playing. I'd look at their social media to see what they are doing. I don't intentionally go to downtown Hammond unless I'm going there TBH. I honestly wouldn't expect the taproom to be open soon but not sure. This place is pretty cool and apparently has a few outdoor tables but don't count on the weather cooperation. They might be open by then but who knows. Looks like they are hiring though
    https://www.facebook.com/newoberpfalz/ edit yep looks like new oberfalz is indeed open at least on the patio for now. just read their rules on their reopening post. Beer is good never ate there before but, pictures look good. https://www.newoberpfalz.com/dining-menu-1 edit looks like 18th street is taking reservations for outdoor seating. And just like that looks like i'm going to hammond soon.
    Capture.PNG

milicz repped this.
  12. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Went to a pretty good Grrman-style taproom once when I didnt realize what trying to get into 3Floyd's on a Saturday meant. I think it was called New Oberpfalz? Decent food and good beer without the huge 3 Floyd's lines. @sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 repped this.
  13. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    edit a
    Yep place is good just for me it's not as easily accessible. If you want something right off the highway there's byway in Hammond. There's this place down the street looks pretty good
    https://www.facebook.com/brewfesthighland/ and definitely Dan's pierogi it in the area if you want pierogi. ******** I just got paid

GHjelm and milicz repped this.
  14. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh ******** is this an everyday deal? If so do they do breakfast? Shame the only public transportation in the area is out of the area.
    Capture.PNG

15. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta stay healthy and sane. Now why does my throat hurt? Allergies, Corona, or accidentally inhaling cleaning supplies?
    IMG_20200521_100806.jpg

16. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Just saw on Channel 5 Jepson has created a Malört distilled from Antihero, which goes on sale tomorrow.

xtomx repped this.
  17. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WTF did I do?
    They should make a tequila.

18. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Apparently Revolution had kegs that were going to go to waste because kegs obviously aren’t selling right now so rather than waste them, this new product was born.

xtomx repped this.
  19. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take a keg

xtomx and bunge repped this.
  20. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When's everything going back to normal? Oh wait even when it's normal it's not normal? ******** I really just want to be able to drive out to Normal IL if I'm getting off work early after a 6am shift and get some beer at the place I tried once and looked cool in the picture online
    IMG_20200522_125020.jpg

21. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there's one thing I learned from the numerous road trips and MegaBus stops on my way to St. Louis in the late aughts/early 10's it's that Normal, IL is a misnomer.

I had a bottle of 2019 Goose Island Bourbon County Wheatwine earlier in the week, and after loving how great it tastes ~6 months after it's release, decided to grab a bottle of Larceny Bourbon, which is where GI got the barrels to age the Wheatwine in. The Bourbon itself is (a few sips in) not mind-blowing despite all of the awards the bottle assures me it won, but it's definitely got some depth and nuance to it that I'm hoping to tap into once I log off for the night and really dig into it.

sportscrazed2 repped this.
  22. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nighty Night tea apparently there is catnip in it.
    IMG_20200524_091132.jpg

23. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Looking like a viking thanks to covid and drinking like a viking thanks to Summer. Elderflower lemonade and Swedish vodka outside. It's a glorious thing.

xtomx and bunge repped this.
  24. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure glad I can get a tallboy of this for basically the same price as a pbr tallboy or an extra quarter or so. Best beer I've ever paid less than $3 for
    IMG_20200527_204319.jpg

bunge repped this.
  25. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there like a bulk discount if I say rented a uhaul and drove to half acre?
    IMG_20200528_170125.jpg