Something Really Important - For Once

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by John L, Oct 8, 2003.

1. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    And now to talk to about something really important

How many others are really p-o-ed about the sorry state of the Foggy Bottom stand near the main gate? Those guys are terrible!! And this is the most critical part of the RFK experience!!

I could understand having a rough start a few times at the beginning of the season, but these guys never have the tanks and kegs connected properly - EVER!!

And now we're on the home stretch with 2 more regular season games and all systems need to be functioning!

And if this was running properly, wouldn't it result in enough demand to open a second stand on the other side?

Coor's Light ?? - pah!! - Bud Light ?? - double-pah

2. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Yes, it is really so important that one would think that after 8 seasons they would get it right...

There plenty of beer in Lot 8, and Captain's, and Jack's...(but sorry no Johnny Walker, that's for those cupless heathens!)

3. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    umm... beer... barra tailgate... beer... ummmm

why can't this week be a home game?

4. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    John you have hit the nail right on the head. What pisses me off is they do each order one at a time. They need to have one or two folks pouring constantly pregame and half time another taking money and dishing the brew. Their system is all fecked up. And it's been more than once in the past that the beer has been a bit off.

5. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    That's CRIMINAL

This offseason after Goldwater's gone we fans will make it known that we need better food, fresher drinks, more variety, quicker service, etc at the stadium. Enough of the stale nachos, the cold hot dogs, the $6 Budweisers, the running out of chicken tenders, on and on

6. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Folks should forward their complaints to Aramark directly as they are the vendor that runs the concessions at RFK. It seems they have 3 offices in the DC area but I'm not sure who exactly oversees stuff at RFK. Here is a link to their stadium contracts (DC Armory sends you to DCSEC website), maybe click on contact us link at the bottom (it's a start). http://www.ps.aramark.com/stadiums.htm

I was hopeful things would improve when Aramark took over because they run the concessions at MCI Center and I've found the folks there to be pleasant and competent.

K

7. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    well not that it makes up for it, but at halftime during the drum circle at the last match, it was discovered that empty beer stand (bud not anything good) in the concourse still was connected to a keg and unlocked. i can assure that numerous thirsty dcu fans quickly liberated that beer. i guess the incompetence of stadium staff occassionally has its good side.

8. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    the free beer at the last game was incredible...it was the first time i have seen somebody fill up an old water bottle with beer...guess they didnt drink all the beer at the wwc games earlier that week

9. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Wow sure wish I had seen that :D

10. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    :):D

11. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
  12. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Wow man... I am sure if I was high this would be even deeper :D

13. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm always off getting high during halftime, so I missed the free beer :( I've stopped by the Foggy Bottom stand before the game a few times this season and it's been working fine. They now sell Heineken right by 134 at least half the time so I haven't been going all the way over there as much.

14. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, I have to agree to a point, but the guy who normally works there is usually a really good dude, just slow. At least he is not surly which is normal for those folks.

On the upside, I usually hit the Foggy filling station at halftime because I'm in 207 and it's about 100' from my seat. Anyway, I usually get two beers and while he's filling the second one, he tells me drink some of the first, so I normally get two and half beers at halftime. I know what you're thinking, "What a *#*#*#*#*#, he can only hammer down half a beer in the time it takes to fill the other cup!" Hey, I'm not in my prime, but I do my best.

Anyway, all things being equal, I'd rather have the regular guy than surly, rude, fast people.