Something For All The Raul Fans Out There

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by reelmaad, Jun 3, 2006.

1. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Hey Don't shoot The Messenger :D :D

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It's has a bit of truth in it, although it is taken totally out of context...

Raul has been below par since the 03-34 season, he has been steadily getting worse and worse. His value has dropped considerably and yes he shouldn't be in our starting line up by no means. He scored today (even though it was a easy goal), and hopefully he will have some confidence restored and have a good WC.

The Beckham part is exaggerated.. he has been good for us yes, consistent.. eh.. in and out but for the most part, yes. Still there is no comparing him a Raul...

Raul has done ALOT for RM, while Beckham has worked hard the past 3 years, he has not done a tenth of what Raul has done in the past. So bad comparison...

please note BECKHAM DID NOT SAY THIS... although reelmaad meant well, the outcome of this forum might be to bash Beckham... there is no need for that after all he is one of our own and did no wrong doing this time.

This is just an example of the British media being nasty...

Oh yeah for what is worth I agree with Valdano and think Raul must find another club to rejuvante himself...

3. lizardking

lizardking New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Raul's start of this season was not bad. but since the injury, he disappeared again.

I don't think selling him now is a good idea. Frankly there won't be any serious big offer for him. And selling him cheap will simply be a shame for Real.

The wise decision should be to use him as a substitute and wait for the best Raul to come back.

4. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This may be just my biased views, but judging from the past 2 Spain friendlies ( not much i knw but still something ) Raul was better than both Villa, and Torres. I thought he may be a hindrance to Spains world cup chances but if anything i have been dissappointed by Villa and Raul was clearly way more productive so to say hes finished is a rash statement. I dont know how much more he can improve, but i truly believe under a good coach and a more stable team Raul can shine again.

5. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Totally agree with you Dooda.
    John Carlin who wrote the article, has been involved with Becks since he arrived at Madrid (he was the guy who did the first interview with him) and as such is not the most impartial observer.
    However I'm guessing that Reelmaad just posted this to get another Raul/ Ronaldo argument going so I guess I'll leave this thread to those fans who enjoy that sort of thing. :rolleyes:

6. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Which would be me

The fact that he doesn't even know how the captain is chosen in Madrid, already shows how clueless this ass is.

[​IMG]
    I also pity the fool who uses clueless articles to 'prove' his point.

7. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    I'm more than happy to leave it in your capable hands mate. ;)

8. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I don't think we need to go as far as that to prove how clueless he is. After 3 years of playing for Real Madrid he still persits in refering to his home stadium as the "BernaBOW."

9. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Nah...I thought i'd try something different for a change....a Raul/beckham argument :D

Afterall the author clearly stated that the only reason Raul is captaining the side his becoz hes spanish....
    According him everybody but the Raul-ites would take kindly to Beckham being the captain of team....

10. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    And I double pity the fools who really think Raul is the heart and soul of RM....

11. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Firstly, you cannot double Mr T's pity. That's the maximum of pity giving. Everybody knows that.
    Second, who are you talking about?

12. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Which is not true
    Which is also not true.

(sorry Oscar...I won't interupt again:D )

13. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    Funny that, I always thought it was because he is the player with the most seasons in the first team. I can't believe that he doesn't know how captains in RM and in the Spanish NT are selected.
    Oh, and being able to talk to the ref in something approaching Spanish is a big requirement of the position, so start blaming Beckham's inability to learn languages.
    Just so it is clear, Raúl Bravo will captain RM before Beckham does. It is not a matter of opinion.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    And the day Bravo or Pavon do is the day of the fall of a champion... lol

15. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Francesco captained this season i believe. i could be wrong, but i remember one match were it did come to that.

16. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
    LOL!! Probably Pavon would lead the team to be the best own goaling tean and bravo the best openant team assiters in history.
    Who is Francesco??

Good argument.
    Now that Zidane(4th captain) & Rc (3rd captain) leaving leave us with one captain and thats Guti who is the vice captain. So if Raul is injured for some reason its Guti who will take over and if Guti is out for a yellow card or really bad form it has to Beckham.

Why Beckham?

Beckham is england legendry captain and our 3/4 best player this seson plus his amazing end of season play would give coaches a reason to give hounor to be a captain.
    But it all depend on our future coach... You dont know Capello might find Ramos to be a captain. Or it might Arbeloa or CASSILAS anyone who has supberb form and a good leadership would be our captain even if hes a kid from Castilla or robhino/baptista/ronaldo.
    You dont know. I say i'd have Cassilas infront of Bravo/Pavones and beckham at that captain possesion.

17. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    It's really easy, whoever has the most seasons in the first team gets to be captain. That would mean Raúl, then Guti, then (assuming RC leaves) Michel Salgado, then Helguera or Casillas, then Bravo/Pavón, then Ronaldo and THEN Beckham.

It's almost a mathematical formula, I don't know why all this mental wanking off. This is NOT a decision, it is a right earned by the players based on seniority. Unless there is a massive clearout, Beckham will NEVER be the designated captain of Real Madrid, he will retire before it's his turn.

18. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    i didnt think zidane was eevry fourth captain? pavon casillas salgado helguera etc were all before him were they not?

19. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I had trouble understanding his post, actually...

Beckham would actually be one of our last captains.

20. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he may be confused because Raul gave Zidane the captains armband when he was substituted in the Sevilla game because it was his last game.

21. Una Grande Libre

Una Grande Libre New Member

Nov 20, 2004
    what's it to you?!
    i thought casillas was the next captain behind RC.

And im pretty sure pavon got to be captain during one of the cup games or something when it was all cantera players... or at least it sounds familiar

22. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    So the solution is to sell everyone who came before Beckham so that he can be captain and John Carlin can write another book about the spice boy.

Sounds good to me. :rolleyes:

23. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Have you read White Angels.....I'm still unsure who's arse Carlin kissed most, Becks' or FP's....nauseating.

24. Butragueño

Butragueño Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Madrid
    From what i've read of him in AS.com, he's pretty terrible.

25. deVil_X

deVil_X Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Actually, Zidane is not our 4th Captain. We do not have a 4th Captain. Our captains are Raul, Guti and Roberto Carlos...in that order.

And Beckham has a chance of captaining the team, just not for a whole match. Zizou has captained us, and there was Pavon and Iker on the pitch when he did. They have both been here more than him, but if Raul, Guti and Roberto aren't playing they'll just give it to the next senior player out there. Be it Becks, Ronaldo, Ivan, Michel...They won't delay the game to figure out who's been at the club longest. So yes, Beckham has every chance of captaining the team, but not for more than 45 mins. Same goes to Sergio, Mejia, Salgado, Julio etc...

And yes, Pavon was captain for Lopez Caro's first match in charge vs Olympiakos in the Champions League. VAMOS CAPITAN!