Some Boca News PLEASE

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by bosterosoy, Aug 28, 2008.

1. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Well, three weeks in Europe and I barely got any news of Boca except some scores and that Palermo got injured. :eek::eek:

Just saw the youtube video of the goals, nice to see that they did so well without Riquelme and to see so many difference players scoring (Palermo, Palacio, Noir, Battaglia, Vargas, Datolo, Chavez etc).

Glad to see Datolo wasn't sold, that Cardozo and Gracian got some playing time and helped set up some goals. Did we end up selling Monzon?

And another copa!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the repetition of the game today/tomorrow (got in today at 6 pm). So pumped another trophy. Arsenal, PONELO A GRONDANA LPQTP!

2. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
  3. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I did not see Palacio's name come across the transfer list after hearing rumors that he was off to Benfica. I don't see a lot of Argentine league games but watch most of the Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana games shown in the US. Palacio has always been one of the top players for Boca in these matches: running at defenders, able to play wide, able to play just behind a striker or to step up. In an age when players are sold at 18 or 19, it seems odd that a player of his qualities hasn't been sold to a European team yet. Why hasn't he been sold?

4. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Because he decided he wanted to get the Boca "glory" and still get paid very well for Argentine standards. Aside from Riquelme, Palacio has the best contract at the "wealthiest" club in the nation.

He always knew he would leave at some point ... most of us thought this was the time, but he also wanted to go to certain leagues, if not he feels fine at Boca ... winning titles and making a very good pay.