Solution for Benfica upfront

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by metro fan, Nov 8, 2004.

1. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    I know it may sound crazy, but I think the solution is Jardel. He always wanted to play for Benfica and I think he would fix himself to do so. Also with Benfica stile of play with good wingers and not so much with the help of a play maker, I think he would be a good cheap addition. Now go ahead and sart shooting at me

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    fat Jardel? after saying no to Benfica when he was on top of his game

3. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    They need to call up Joao Vilea he deserves a chance for a month or so.

4. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    i wouldn't mind to have Jardel, but i would ony accept him with the same contract that we did with Brian Deane, goals for money, othewise we probably would waste money

5. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What's up Diabo Vermelho Almada!
    How about Joao Pinto ;)

6. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    i wouldn't mind, he will be always our sweet boy :D but Jardel and Rui Costa would be more useful, on the other hand, i want to see Marisa Cruz more often :D so João Pinto wont be so bad as i think :cool:

7. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    No Jardel. Benfica has good strikers in Nuno Gomes, Sokota, and Karadas. I think if Mantorras came back today he would do more for Benfica than Jardel can right now. I would accept Joao Pinto and Marisa Cruz coming to Benfica though :) .

By the way, great decision by Trappatoni in allowing Geovanni the freedom to play whereever he wanted on the field against V.Setubal (behind the forwards and on the flanks). Geovanni played great.

8. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

9. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Nuno Gomes is a better player than Jardel. Jardel is an overweight nut, let the guy stay whereever he is.

10. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Why do we need to go and get someone from the outside when we have all we need in our youth system. Hello Joao Viela and Manuel Courto.

11. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I agree. Benfica doesn't even need to buy anyone, the current strikers are very good.

12. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    yes Vilela and Curto are better options now, but Jardel wouldn't be so bad with that contract by goals, he wouldn't receive money for mothing, N.Gomes is over hyped, he was good in the past not now, and his wages are too high to his performances, he should receive money by his goals and assistances, in that way he probably would score more

13. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    And Jardel is still good now? Where is he anyways?

14. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    Having problems with Newell's manager :D his heart belong to Portugal :cool:
    and he's for sure better than Gomes

15. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    You don't have to like Nuno Gomes, but there is no way that Jardel is better than him. Jardel is finished, he's screwed up in the head and would only give headaches to his teammates.

16. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    I Think that under the right environment h eis very usefull

17. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    you're opinion, not mine, i would prefer a player that score goals than one that only fails easy goals, i would prefer a tall guy that is usefull in defense and attack, than a guy that isn't good with heading skills :cool: nuf' said

18. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    he can go and join his bodies at Penafiel :)

19. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Jardel - FAT AND LAZY!

20. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Jardel is none of that anymore. There isn't even any reason to consider him playing for Benfica. Nuno Gomes still has some good playing years ahead of him, Jardel has none.

21. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    contract by goals, not normal wages, wouldn't be bad. about Gomes do u really believe that he will be a good player again? i would prefer João Tomás any day of the week

22. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    The real problem of Benfica IMO is in midfield, not in the attack, you guys are depending from a constantly fit Petit and the kid Manuel Fernandes, when this guys are out Benfica will have a lot of problems.
    The other problem is in defense, you only have 2 good central defenders, Luisão and Ricardo Rocha and a great right defender Miguel, if this players are out there no other quality player to replace them.

23. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    Jardel!!!! :eek: What kind of weed are you guys smoking? Cuz it must be good (if it is, send some my way. ;) ) Jardel is fat and finished, we don't need washed up players at Benfica, we have enough with Zahovic.

24. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    I agree, our main problem right now is the bench. We all saw how crappy we played without Petit in midfield. Our backup players are not good enough to win games (Argel, Amoreirinha, P. Almeida, Everson...and so on). We need depth on this team or come February and a bunch of guys are hurt, there goes the season.

25. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This is exactly why he should sign with Benfica:D