Solo's comments on Twitter, v.2.0

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by kittenbiscuits, Sep 11, 2010.

1. kittenbiscuits

kittenbiscuits New Member

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... and Hope Solo's twitter account is active again

2. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Re: Win or Go Home: Week 22 PBP chat

whoa, she need to shut it. there were some crap calls, but not that bad, Solo. Please.

3. kittenbiscuits

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

haha just to play devils advocate, if i was a biased party and only saw the game from one view and in real time i'd probably think that way too!

however, i wouldn't start complaining until i saw the replays from various angles.

4. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

thanks for the tip. high comedy.

I'm guessing SCF & friends heckled her and since she lost she's flipped her lid, again. She does not always handle onfield "adversity" well.

5. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010

i mean, it wasn't the bolton - arsenal game i saw earlier today. that was some BAD officiating.

6. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In every pro league there are consequences for straight out complaining about the refs. Fines, etc. It is part of being a professional to know that you can't straight out call the ref or the league crooked or imply a fixed game. For consistency, WPS needs to fine Solo.

Yes, we know the refs have been pretty bad all year but twitter posts are not going to change that. She's got to learn when to stfu. and how to make her case in a more appropriate manner.

7. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

She should definitely be fined for complaining about the refs, whether she is right or not. That holds true in any league that players can't publicly gripe about officiating.

The disallowed goal was a very questionable call, but there were others against Washington. That's one thing I'll say about the reffing. In most cases, they have been indiscriminately awful. And I'm sure someone will pounce on me for saying that, but then again, I'm not a player (so please...no fines for me).

8. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California

the Beat needs to take Hope's BB 30 minutes before the game and give it back to her on mondays!

"I am done playing on a league... blah, blah, blah, (bashing the league)" I tell you, I like Hope, but even her fans are running out of excuses for her; she needs to be more professional not only in the field but out of it.

She should be suspended for her comments as she really putting down the league... I wonder if the comish will do something before she steps down..

9. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

omg I just saw Hope's like 3 twitters and she said that she's "done with the league" wtf? I thought the goal not being allowed was weird and the red card given out for a tackle was strange too but she is putting down the whole league now.

10. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010

PS - in the past month, Solo has pretty much gone back on all of the progress she has made in the past few years re: her reputaion. Seriously, I appreciate someone who speaks out, but use your brain, please!

11. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

She is a drama queen. And flips out easily, particularly when things go poorly for her on the field. It is a long standing pattern.

She's had a terrible season w/ STL folding & ATL being crap . For some reason, I sorta feel like this is only the tip of the Solo flip out. (totally understandable for her to be worn out & tired emotionally but where's your common sense)

12. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010

hopefully she is seeing a good therapist. I might need one now, too.

13. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, you're not the only one.

But I have to say, if the league does survive and play Year 3 and have even a whisker's chance at a Year 4 but Solo doesn't play in it but bails next month -- when her fame/popularity could really be used to market, etc -- she will be dead to me.

14. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California

speaking of twitter... where is Rampone going?

44 minutes ago via mobile web

15. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
  16. kittenbiscuits

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Her comments were positive to the reporters.

a small part of me wonders with Solo's outbursts if shes' missing a calming agent that she may have had in St. Louis. she's snapped a couple of times before, but now she gets super worked up over things. Or if there's someone on the team or some people that aggregate the situations.

I mean girl has always been a talker, but for a while seemed like she found out how to use it best, now there seems to be a few dozen steps taken backwards.

17. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think the off season rest will be good for her. I think she needs to take a vacation and figure things out because she's looking very mentally unstable/bipolar ish with just the interview and the weird tweet shortly afterwards. There are medications out there for bipolar disorder ;) Yep I'm callin ya crazy Hope Solo! You're a crazy, but I still luv yaz ;)

18. pokey55

pokey55 Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Club:
    Washington Freedom

What offseason for Hope? WNT camp starts in 8 days and I have to think she'll be busy with that basically from now until next season (oh but she's not playing next season so maybe that's when she'll pencil in her vacation). Her comments on Twitter ought to earn her a hell of a fine (although does anyone know if Rampone got fined for bashing the refs after playing the Freedom a couple of weeks ago?). I just can't figure out how she can constantly shoot herself in the foot like that. It's baffling. And it just sort of maps out exactly how to get under her skin which bothers me as a fan who's depending on her not to be losing it and going crazy in Germany next year.

I don't know that I'm willing to call her bipolar (yet) but she's dumb as hell.

19. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I really think Hope thought that she could go down and lift Atlanta to a playoff spot and when she found out that she couldn't do it (at least not with the talent they had and the coaching they had), she got frustrated. I really think all of this is more frustration than anything. If 30,000 screaming German fans couldn't unnerve her in the least, why does some of the petty little crap that goes on at a WPS game bother her so much? My guess is it's just frustration and she doesn't handle that well.

She's painfully honest about what she's thinking and how she's feels about things and sometimes, she just needs to give the scripted answer like everyone else rather than being so bloody open about what she thinks. She is one of the most determined individuals I know of and I wonder if it's gotten to the point where that determination is making it so it's not fun for her anymore. I hope not, because I don't think the US can win in Germany without her being in top form.

20. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010

Great analysis - I do think she thought she could single-handedly lift that team and then was crushed when she couldn't. btw, she's at it again this morning. Apparently a good night's rest wasn't enough.

6 min ago: "The head ref calls it a goal!!!! It even goes up on the scoreboard!!! Than no explanation! Its a joke!!!! An absolute joke!"

Whoa, easy on the exclamation marks!!!!!! :p

(actually, maybe this was tweeted last night, too but twitter is saying it was 6 min ago)

21. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010

Oh, and here's a tweet from a Chicago staffer: "It's too bad #WPS can't provide some proper pr training for players. Twitter is a real media, not a complaint box"

22. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That was last night, though she has some new posts this morning claiming that Atlanta clearly outplayed Washington.

23. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010

yeah, sometimes I have issues with twitter not updating.

So she's officially the girl who cried wolf. Even when she has legitimate complaints, people will have trouble taking her seriously. It's really too bad; she has such a great platform and this is what she does with it.

24. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado

Is there any way I can rep the Chicago staffer lol?

25. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Okay, and now she's back on the disallowed goal issue: