Solo swipes Chastain on Twitter

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Plxix, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Plxix

Plxix BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 13, 2006
    Here.

Personally I, on more than one occassion, wished that there's a mute button just for Brandi. I liked her as a player years ago, but a lot of the negative crap she spewed have made the games less enjoyable. I too, agree that there's a need to get away from the games years ago. Things changed a lot.

2. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    This thread probably should have been created yesterday...

3. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    lol

4. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    There were some but they were deleted by the people who started them. If possible I'd rather have all the posts pertaining to it from the other thread moved here. I feel really bad about stuffing the Colombia match thread.

5. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Team Chastain for me. She's a great commentator and almost always right. Hope has a classic goalkeeper's personality: sensitive and with a persecution complex.

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  6. JamieMCFC

JamieMCFC Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Minnesota United FC
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You do realize that Hope criticism of Chastain is her defending a teammate that Hope felt Chastain wrongly criticized during a game.

7. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I thought that would happen early on, but I feel bad for the poor mod who would have to do that at this point. It will flare up some tomorrow as it gets some greater attention, but it's pretty much run it's course.

Team USA for me.

Bonnie Lass repped this.
  8. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Yet Solo put more attention on Buehler's decisions than Chastain ever did (after she listened to the entire broadcast of course)...:rolleyes:

August 14

9. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So? Her reaction was overly defensive and out of proportion to Chastain's reasonable criticisms.

10. bissell

bissell Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Hope Solo is getting media attention for herself and her team :) bad or good, people will know who Hope Solo is!

Please continue talking about her!

11. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brandi's comments were nothing out of the ordinary. Solo's reaction was totally unnecessary and uncalled for. She is quickly becoming a loudmouth and a jerk.

Parrothead FC and BlitzSpiele repped this.
  12. fire123

fire123 Member+

Jul 31, 2009
    It's similar to Solo's reaction to the criticism she got from the judges from Dancing with the Stars.
    She can't seem to take them. She would rather everyone would just tell her nice things and leave the critical things out. She is more of a delicate flower than I thought she was!

13. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001

Wouldn't she have been better off just going up to Chastain and talking to her person to person. Now, I realize people wouldn't be talking about Hope Solo ( which she wants with her new book coming out soon)!

Hope Solo is not interested in getting publicity for the team - only interested in publicity for herself.

14. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Chastain is a reporter. What do you think the results of such a conversation would be other than a scoop by Chastain?

15. fire123

fire123 Member+

Jul 31, 2009
    Trouble is Hope does not think Brandi is a reporter. Hope wants Brandi to be a cheerleader and a homer. As such, she should go talk to Brandi privately.

16. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chastain's response regarding Hope was very classy without backing down at all:

sitruc and kolabear repped this.
  17. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or she is just a twat and a punk.

18. jackiesdad

jackiesdad Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Except for the obvious gender difference, this song sums up Hope Solo well:

19. WiminzSoccerRocks

Jun 15, 2009
    MA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. That was really good by Chastain. And thanks for sharing the quote.

Other than that, I'm with Bissell above. Sure makes sure that women's soccer doesn't get lost amid all the other Olympic events. The only bad publicity is...

21. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That. I mean, this is as clear as it gets. A career classy person doing her job as a journalist, nothing malicious, just calling 'em as she sees them, gets sideswiped by a career self-centered dipshit, who ha a history of thinking first, second, third, and fourth about herself.

How on earth anybody could side with Hope Solo on this, I will never understand.

22. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    that was not chastain's response. that's what she said before the colombia game.

jackiesdad repped this.
  23. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States