Soldado or a new striker?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Madrid_1902, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At the end of the season we are anticipating a major clearout with wholesome changes. Whoever, the new coach may be there is bound to be new aquisitions in defence, midfield and forward. I have no problems in persuing a new LB, CB and at least 2 CM, however, do we need to splash the cash on a new forward?

I personaly cannot see Ronaldo staying despite his good form. Raul will stay unless a sudden change of heart from himself or the board. Baptista is starting to adjust comfortablly to his midfield role and so he should be left there. Cassano is not a true number 9 and he should be used as a support striker. So does that mean we have to bring in a top striker from Europe like Henry, Adriano, Schevchenko or Eto'o or do we try our luck with strikers who do not boast the same sort of stature as aforementioned like Podolski or Kujit? We all know we have the resources to aquire any of these players but it's almost impossible to sign Eto'o or even Scheva

I honestly believe that promoting Soldado is the best solution. A lot of people will disagree with me because he has not accomplished himself but surely it is the best way to distance ourselves from the "Galactico policy" . Eto'o after the 0-3 classico said that there were plenty of players like him in Castilla. If we sell Soldado, the pichici of Castilla, then do we risk making another terrible mistake? Soldado has proved that he scores goals no matter were he plays. Despite limited opportunities he has scored 3 goals for us this season in all 3 competitions. He is good in the air, has a good right foot and makes sensible runs and more importantly times them well. A lot of people thought there wouldn't be another Emilio Butragueno from the youth team but they were wrong. Is it possible Soldado could become a player who will be of use to us like Raul was?? It gets frustrating seeing us never play players from the youth team so for me next season we should promote Soldado.

2. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
    My name goes for promoting Soldado he has real madrid in his blood!
    If we buy a new striker he may unsetlle like Anelka did.

3. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I don't think we need a big name forward... so I'm gonna go with Soldado. Why would you need a froward when we got: Raul, Robinho, and Baptista all set to stay next season? Promote Soldado, I'm sure he has goals in him I'd be even more confident in him if I got to see him play for more than two seconds.

4. polat_dgn

polat_dgn New Member

Apr 1, 2006
    ENGLAND
    i hope ronaldo stays.

5. btha

btha Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iceland
    Well, i want to give Soldado a shot at it!
    Raul has been playing like shit for 3 years now, can't hurt us to let soldado play instead of him. Worst case scenario we'll just play with 10 men like always with raul.
    I think he should be given untill the winter transfer window next season to prove himself.

6. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Soldado all the way. We have to promote our cantera. without it we are nothing...remember that.

7. gringotuno

gringotuno New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Miami, Florida
    In my opinion, all top rated cantera strikers deserve a chance at Madrid. Although there is no guarantee, there never is a guarantee. I wish that we had at least given Eto'o a chance.

8. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Its good to see that other people want Soldado to be promoted, because I want him to be our striker for next season as well:D

9. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Yes I want Soldado promoted but, given that... Baptista and Robinho do not seem likely to be played as strikers, we have no guarantee that Raul will regain form, Cassano seems certain to leave (benito Floro more or less admitted he was almost a panic buy to cover the injured Raul and Ronnie) and Ronaldo may stay or may go...I suggest we also buy another forward

10. RMCF

RMCF New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    I want to see us buying Sergio Aguero no matter who comes or goes! The kid is just amazing and needs to part of our future.

11. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Agree totally

12. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Soldado, no question. To quote JayZ, what more can he do? He's just the leading scorer in Segunda, broke alot of records, and has been good in the very very limited minutes he's gotten this season with the A team. Why Caro hasn't played him more baffles me, I thought he would not be afraid to use the Castilla players as he knew them well. Caro has been disappointing to me in that respect.

13. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    Promote Soldado. Give him a shot at it. He's ahead of the game in one big respect: he's already had a few minutes playing with the first team and knows the system and other players. Less time needed to adapt.
    I was hoping to see more of the young guys once Caro took over, too, but nothing has really come of it. Will Balboa get another shot? I enjoyed his game.

14. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
    Funny thing Soldado played three games this year and scored in 2 ocassion and his amazing header was in Real Madrid Tv top goals! Soldado to me is the next steffano.

15. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Isn't he more of an AM with a great eye for goal, quite similar to Baptista? I have never seen him play but there is major hype about him. 17 is a tender age to bring him over but I wouldn't have a problem in giving him a shot to perhaps blossom in Castilla. I hope there is not a major biding war between us and Barca. Tends to be the ones who come with the huge transfer fees find it harder to adjust. It's always great to sign a player relatively unknown and to be credited for "a real bargain."

Good to see overwhelming support for Soldado. I really hope he gets a chance this weekend against Malaga. He is the only pure number 9 we have next to Ronaldo. The chances of him being promoted next season is another issue. :confused:

16. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Both soldado and new striker.Which I hope is adriano.

17. btha

btha Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iceland
    Soldado would do better than Adriano considering Adriano's form this season. I believe he has only scored 3 goals THE ENTIRE SEASON in serie a.

18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  19. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    No... he is a striker

20. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    PLease no Adriano. He and Ronaldo have nearly the same tally yet Ronaldo sat for around 2 months this season. Adriano goes into funks where he doesn't net in 13-14 games. Are we assuming this weill somehow change or get better by coming to Madrid? Everybody here hates Ruud Van Nistelrooy, for example, but he has put the ball in the net nearly 20 times this season. Adriano is closer to half that.

21. elblanco

elblanco Member

Jan 26, 2006

i would loan him for a season to a la liga team. getafe would be ok. if he is that good than he can prove it in primera, and only get better with more experiance.

22. elblanco

elblanco Member

Jan 26, 2006
    i agree, we don't want adriano. he is overrated actually. i personaly prefer oliveira from betis.

van nistelrooy is good for epl, but for madrid? i don't know because his style is not that close to our traditional way of playing, he's more of a target striker that trives on long balls. still, i'd much rather see him at real than adriano.

23. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Although it's not an entirely reliable source www.realmadrid.dk is reporting that Soldado, Palencia and Pavon are all 3 loan targets for Getafe next season. I really think we should at least give Soldado one year at the top with us and if it hasn't worked out then give him his loan move. It's only fair to at least give him the shot. We all know his goals in the segunda warrant it.

24. forcamadrid

forcamadrid Member

May 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I didn't know how to respond to this toll as they are only two options. I say bring Soldado and give hime more chances. Then if ronaldo leaves bring another good forward. I don't think we can rely just on Soldado if ronaldo leave and we don't get another forward.