Sochaux & Steady: Davies will win the race (The Saga Continues) [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by kuttie90, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Not aside from the rumours... But the AGF director of sport is said to have traveled abroad a few days ago, so it seems that the striker AGF is close to signing, is not in Denmark...

Though the latest rumours are now talking about Morten "Duncan" Rasmussen.

2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    The situation with Charlie and Sochaux is so messed up. They want him on loan 1 minute and want to keep him on the bench 1 minute. Hope he proves himself and they decide to keep him. Doesn't his contract run out next year?

3. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per Seltzer

Decision expected this week on whether he will stay or go per Lyle Yorks.

5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    They're currently in 19th spot. And barely scored a goal a game. Give Charlie a chance to save them.

6. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    AGF Aarhus are no longer in the race for loan deal with Davies, since they have decided to sign a short 1-year deal with the Norwegian striker Morten Moldskred from Rosenborg...

http://www.bold.dk/nyt/Moldskred-staar-til-et-aar-i-AGF

AGF Aarhus are still looking for a younger striker, but just not in this transfer window. They now have what they need for the rest of this season.

7. strangepup

strangepup Member

Mar 17, 2007
    LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not recall ever falling so in love and so out of love with someone since probably middle school. The good times were good back when he was "Chuck D", but now he is just Charles Davies to me...some dude that can't score goals without cheating and that files lawsuits against nightclubs for his stupid decisions.

8. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's too bad, it was fun following Feilhaber and White playing there. We have a number of other young strikers in the US, look for them Ceres!

Good to see Davies has suitors, but I think he should get a run of games with Sochaux. They could use his energy.

9. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hm, I feel like Seltzer responds specifically to this site sometimes.

11. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, yeah. Are there any other outlets for US fans? Hi Greg, Ives, Steven, Taylor, Alexi, Grant.

1 person likes this.
  12. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you ever wonder if some of the more trollish accounts around here are one of those guys just winding us up? i could especially see alexi doing that. (well, not really, but he'd be most likely)

hmmm... i think i'm going to start thinking that just so i can find amusement instead of aggravation in them.

13. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When past US coaches lurked around here, I'm sure the media would be likely to stir up the pot.

14. Minnesota FC 518

May 22, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couple weeks ago Wynalda was going off on his twitter account about some user on here.

15. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh we've talked about it before, BigSoccer is the major soccer discussion/information outlet in America because of the lack of other sources.

I haven't talked to an American soccer journalist yet who did not scan BigSoccer now or in the past. Many had usernames and posted at some point. Quite a few of them will tell you that they stopped reading it several years ago because they got tired of the "sky is falling" posters.

But when you hear players and journalists talk about the fans reaction, especially pertaining to the national team, where else do you think they see it? There aren't numerous talk shows and other websites. You get a few hundred ignorant posts on Ives' site, but there's not much else. Where do you think Mikey was finding all of the negativity during the Confederations Cup?

16. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Then he started going off on the voices in his head that won't leave him alone.

1 person likes this.
  17. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wat? Serious?

18. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's one from a couple of weeks ago: http://twitter.com/#!/peet2/statuses/158680255484268545

These are the few prior to that one:
    "Admitting it. Just spend 5 minutes on Bigsoccer. Did I really expect these morons to understand forward thinking?"
    http://twitter.com/#!/Wynalda11/status/158649742371454976
    Nice blanket generalization there.

"Hope that group of small minds is also a small group. They just don't get it. Never will. Not to mention the fact they are mean spirited"
    http://twitter.com/#!/Wynalda11/status/158650173856284672

It's funny because if it weren't for people like the regular posters on bigsoccer he wouldn't even have his job. How does he think sports teams and broadcasters make money?

It's not the first time either: http://twitter.com/#!/Wynalda11/statuses/138117907526856704
    http://twitter.com/#!/Wynalda11/statuses/135383647183323136

He's the Glenn Beck of US soccer coverage. I'm sure he increases ratings just by the people that can't stand him watching him in order to get angry. I just avoid him altogether. I found those tweets thru google just now.
    If people just turned off the set when he came on then we wouldn't have to worry about him anymore.

1 person likes this.
  19. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    You think Bradley was talking about BigSoccer? Really? He was talking about the media criticizing his father. Not BigSoccer.

20. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "The media"? The media is like 5 guys. I'm pretty sure he was also referencing a general fan response, articulated on or represented by BigSoccer.

21. robdawgie

robdawgie Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To get sort of back on topic, it was good to hear that Sochaux liked Davies in Greg's report.

Seltzer is the best of the best. Especially with a lime.

22. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't resist. Plus, it's true.

23. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Ives does seem to have attracted a larger number of idiots to his pages.

25. R1PP

R1PP Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Swarthmore, PA
    I doubt anyone is surprised by this. Sochaux has always been very conservative with Charlie. He is probably off-pace considering he has been off for a few months and was worn down at the end of the MLS season.