Sochaux & Steady: Davies will win the race (The Saga Continues) [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by kuttie90, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, as a DC fan, I'd rate him as an above average MLS striker, but nothing more. Not good enough for the French league. He's lacking both that extra gear AND a confident touch. Both could come back to him as he continues to recover, especially the latter.

2. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Brondby was rumored to be interested in Davies during the summer transfer window.

3. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Now that you mention this, it's possible that Charlie actually gets and extra half season in by going on loan after MLS ends and then coming back to MLS in the spring.

4. alky13

alky13 Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Manchester/NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The second year playing after injury always defines the future of the players career. We'll have to wait. He's done far more than I ever thought he could.

5. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I hope after the MLS season he gets a little break and then goes back to Sochaux to see how far off he is from playing in a top league again. Davies will more than likely need another season in the MLS to continue his rehab.

6. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about his old Swedish side?

7. McGarnagle

McGarnagle Member+

Apr 29, 2010
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're struggling near the relegation zone of the 2nd division.

8. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ooooooooooooooooo.

9. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    That would be Dynamo Kiev ... which can be defined as "Russian" only in the style of Lloyd Heilbrunn's deceased grandfather.

As to Sochaux, they're in the 10th place with 16 goals scored (tied for 3-4) and 19 allowed (last in Ligue 1).

10. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLe_u2zP7BI"]Charlie Davies story from swedish TV - YouTube[/ame]

From yesterday. No new info or anything like that in the video but I figured I should post it anyway.

1 person likes this.
  11. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if you guys are aware. Davies has sued a night club and Red Bull for the accident he was in. There's a lot of discussion on it in this thread: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1836868

And here's details on the case: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...nd-party-host/2011/10/18/gIQAg9ETvL_blog.html

I don't think he'll be coming back to Sochaux. And as others have pointed out, I'm not sure what team would bring in a player that has a financial interest in showing how negatively his professional career has turned out.

12. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Chances are he is headed down to a Denmark-Switzerland-Bundesliga II type of a league on a short-term contract. If he doesn't return to form there, he's pretty much done as a player.

13. ianai

ianai Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Hampton, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Complete loss of respect for Davies from me. This law-suit, in light of all the mistakes he made that night is absurd. The bar & RB should be held accountable for their actions??? I felt pity for the man. Now I'm just satisfied that he's alive but no longer have any respect for him as a person or player. Pathetic. He did this to himself, not Red Bull and not the bar. The funny thing is in court his stupidity will probably be inadmissible. Let me guess - "Your honor, my client isn't the one who's on trial here" What a hypocrite.

14. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    it really does depend on the facts. If that bar really was serving a very drunk person more booze, then they are responsible for the monetary loss under civil law. That is the law. None of that means that Charlie is not responsible for his own stupidity, but Charlie breaking curfew has NOTHING to do with the question of whether the bar served an obviously drunk person more booze.

15. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Folks, we've got a Charlie Davies lawsuit thread up and running in US Men, so perhaps we could take related commentary over there. Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  16. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the problem is, Charlie was apparently NOT drunk, yet he decided that the driver was sober enough to drive him back. And yet the bartender was supposed to cut her off? There's a disconnect here.

17. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    There is a disconnect there, but on the other hand, Davies wasn't handing her drink after drink after drink. If I understand right, they weren't hanging out together. That's another way of knowing when someone's having too much.

18. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    We're shutting this thread down until Charlie is a YA again. Lots of places to discuss the lawsuit. If there's news about Sochaux we can reopen for that discussion.

19. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Opened by request

20. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. beamish

beamish Member+

Jul 6, 2009
    Here's Goff's talk with his agent.

22. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the Goff article as well:

23. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for covering all the possibilities, Goff.

24. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    lol really goff? What else could happen?

25. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe a career ending injury while he practices his dives.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZyxC_3-SCg"]PWNED BY DIVING BOARDS! A COMPILATION! - YouTube[/ame]

1 person likes this.