Soccertv.com no longer as accurate?

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Dave141, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Dave141

Dave141 Member

Jun 9, 2003
    Washington, NJ
    I really don't want to start a never-ending thread that causes people to drag up all their feelings about Oliver, but regardless of how one felt about his opinions/predictions/analysis, his website was, to me, always the definitive word about what matches were going to be on and when.

However, I am a little dismayed to see that his characterization (both on the site and in his E-mail update) of Setanta's August coverage does not agree to Setanta's own website. Soccertv.com states that Setanta will be showing only one German Bundesliga game each weekend, which will be tape-delayed and aired on Saturday afternoons (except for the opening match on Friday, August 5th). However, Setanta's website indicates that they will be showing a live game on both Saturday and Sunday, at least for the three Bundesliga weekends in August.

Furthermore, Soccertv.com does not mention that Setanta will be showing an additional English Coca-Cola Championship match live on Sunday, August 7th.

Is Oliver no longer as interested in the accuracy of his website as he is in his developing poker career? As a former publisher of an Internet newsletter, I know that once people think you aren't that interested in being accurate in your website, they start to lose interest pretty quickly.

Any thoughts?

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Being a close follower of Serie A, I've noticed inaccuracies on his site for a long time as he often jumps the gun, making assumptions about which games will be telecast, apparently in the interests of "scooping" other web sites. Although I still use his site to get a general idea of what's coming up, I tend to put more faith in the networks' own sites - as well as other posters here who have done the legwork and posted the information.

3. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Oliver's been spending too much time playing poker.