SoccerHead, where art thou?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever happened to SoccerHead? Wasn't he supposed to be the heir apparent to Krazy George a few years back? :confused:

I don't recall seeing him in or around Spartan since the end of the 2002 MLS season? :eek:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

2. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Where art thou SoccerHead?

He was here on September 25. There was some "whatever" as I call it with Alexi Lalas and him where the GM came to the tailgate and made some announcement. Now, I don't know if it brews back to the CyberRays days where he was associated with him, but maybe there was something that the Quakes pushed him aside. Really, that doesn't matter and don't want to spill it here.

What's important is that Zack is an integral part of US fandom and with rollersoccer and deserves a lot of respect. Moreover, he and Alexi Lalas (not to be confused with Comrade Alexi/Mad Heathen) share the same values as fans where they love the game, enjoy the cameraderie (Alexi said he went to Italia 1990 as a fan, whereas Zack got some good PR on the AP wire and the television in Korea 2002), and were/are involved as players.

As far as I'm concerned, soccerhead is welcome absolutely, positively, anytime. He's put our community on the stage.

Now, if I can get one other person to bury the hatchet... Cheers!

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks for the info, Nap. :)

SoccerHead was involved with the CyberRays in a different way than he was with the Earthquakes? :confused:

-G

4. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No prob. With the Rays, he was a staff member in the finance department if I recall, and of course, cheerleader a la Krazy George.

He obviously supports both teams--I don't know what entailed, nor should it be an issue, but regardless he's always been a fan of the Quakes, Rays, and US National Teams.

I do expect him to be here for 2005. I hope that he pledged outright to SSV. Cheers!

5. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Zack is OK in my book!

6. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks again, Nap. :)

Hopefully we'll see him again at Spartan in 2005. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing him team up with Krazy George, each of them covering a different side of the stadium and rotating accordingly. :D

-G

7. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, he seemed like a good guy the few times I've been able to speak with him. :)

-G

8. We Were Cut

We Were Cut Member

Sep 9, 2000
    Woodland, CA
    He let my son touch his head. Zack's cool.

9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RollerSoccer was featured in this week's episode of Fox Soccer Channel's Fox Soccer USA, and founder SoccerHead (Zack) was interviewed extensively in it. :)

-G

10. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    Paging Zack! I think he's top notch, too. He's always welcome as far as I'm concerned.

11. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting enough and to make a long story short, saw him a couple of months ago in SF--right after the Chivas USA games. Lakeysia Beene, formerly of the CyberRays, was also hanging out there. While he spotted me in the crowd with my family and friends for a birthday celebration I was probably the only person who recognized her in the crowd.

If rollersoccer allowed goalies to use their hands, I'd be in. :D The 'Head has been all over the media every now and then. :p

12. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He just sent me an e-mail the other day talking about this piece. It was well done. I think June got top billing though. :)

IIRC, he's swinging by this next home game.

13. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    I will never forget Soccerhead and Shock (CyberRays mascot) dancing an impromptu do-si-do at midfield at halftime of a C-Rays game. Something about a man with his head shaped as a soccer ball and a man in a manta ray costume dancing arm in arm was just so...bizarre.

14. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to see SoccerHead back at the Quakes games! That would be great! The more people leading cheers the better. And Zack gets some good pubilicity too! Seems like a good opportunity for some synergy no?

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark

15. hannah8

hannah8 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    [​IMG]

Zack is the best!

Hannah ;)

16. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While last week's episode of Fox Soccer USA had a feature on SoccerHead's (Zack's) creation RollerSoccer, this weeks episode had a feature on the man himself. :)

-G

17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any chance of getting SoccerHead back to San Jose Earthquakes games in 2008? :confused:

Heck, he can form the San Jose Earthquakes' Cheering Troika along with Krazy George and Q. :)

-G

18. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure but I think I saw Jester Guy recently. I liked him too and want him back in my section to rile things up!

19. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But wouldn't adding Jester Guy to the mix of SoccerHead, Krazy George and Q change the San Jose Earthquakes' Cheering Troika to the San Jose Earthquakes' Cheering Chetvyorka? :confused:

-G

20. Tilt

Tilt New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    The RollerSoccer World Cup takes place in San Francisco (Treasure Island) this week.

Win Free Tickets to the event with The Bay Soccer:
    www.thebaysoccer.com

21. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could this be the event that finally launches the SoccerHead/Krazy George/Jester Guy/Q San Jose Earthquakes Cheering Chetvyorka, with each part of the Chetvyorka covering each side of the stadium? :confused:

-G