Soccer viewing in Boston

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by y-o-y, Aug 27, 2007.

1. y-o-y

y-o-y New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    LBC
    Hi All --

I am going to be in your fine city this week and wanted to know if there would be any bars/restaurants where I might be able to catch the SuperLiga final on Wednesday night? It is broadcast on the Spanish language network TeleFutura. I am pretty sure I can watch it online on the SuperLiga site, but I would much rather grab a few beers and catch the game on a real television.

Thanks for your help!

2. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TeleFuture is on the basic Comcast cable package so most bars will have the match, its just a question of whether they'll put it on for you - plus the Red Sox are playing at New York this week which will make it extra difficult.

Where in Boston are you going to be?

3. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The SuperLiga final doesn't start till 11 ET, so the Yank-mes and Red Sox game really shouldn't conflict. But then again, it is baseball and four hour games aren't out of the ordinary.

4. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, thought it was 10PM. Nevermind.

5. y-o-y

y-o-y New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    LBC
    Ah! I forgot about the Yanks-Sox...I thought they had a weekend series, damn.

I'll be downtown at the Hilton on Broad St

6. Mick7184

Mick7184 New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Franklin, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is kind of off topic, but the viewing soccer thing reminded me of how getting FSC has changed my life. Until now, I've been limited to what ESPN offers, and the occasional Spanish language telecast. The Fox Soccer Report is my favirote, I've never been able to catch up on things like this before. Thank you FIOS for putting FSC on the standard package.

7. conquerant

conquerant New Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a couple blocks from your hotel, at Broad and State streets, is Kitty O' Shea's, which is somewhat soccer-friendly, and may or may not put it on for you. A little further away, about a 15 minute walk, at 197 Portland St near the Garden is McGann's, which is definitely a soccer bar and I imagine would put on the game.

But you can always call ahead
    Kitty's: 617-725-0100
    McGann's 617-227-4059

8. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You might want to try the Times Irish Bar at 112 Broad Street. Its walking distance from the hotel. They show EPL on the weekends.

Comcast is channel 50
    DirecTV is channel 66

Good luck.

9. y-o-y

y-o-y New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    LBC
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will give one of the 3 recommended establishments a try...probably McGann's.

10. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McGann's has a pretty hot bartender, but not a ton of TVs.