Soccer Vacations

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by stegs, Oct 8, 2003.

1. stegs

stegs New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    I am TRYING to plan some sort of anniversary trip for my soccer obsessed husband. It's in December, which I realize is MLS off season. Can anyone help me think of ANYTHING we could do? I would prefer some big city that there would be other things to do too, but that the highlight of the trip for him could be soccer.

2. depor15

depor15 Member

Jun 28, 1999
    try soccervacations.com
    this might bne helpful

3. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to soccervacations.com and uefa.com the following games tournaments are in December:

NCAA women's championship in Cary, NC - Dec 5-7
    NCAA men's championship in Columbus, OH - Dec 12-14
    FIFA U20 with USA in Abu Dhabi, UAE, Nov29-Dec5
    European Champions League Dec 9,10
    Rangers (Sco) - Panathinaikos (Gre)
    Man United (Eng) - Stuttgart (Ger)
    Real Madrid (Spa) - Porto (Port)
    Sparta Praha (Cze) - Lazio (Ita)
    Bayern Munchen (Ger) - Anderlecht (Bel)
    Arsenal (Eng) - Lokomotiv Moskva (Rus)
    + more

4. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear stegs:

First, as a fellow soccer-obsessed male, let me apologize for all of us for being...well...so soccer-obsessed. We try to keep it in moderation, but in the end we are simply consumed.

Second, you are to be forever put on a pedestal for trying to accommodate his soccer obsession along with the both of you having a great time in some great city on your anniversary. Many people - on these very boards - have told stories of meeting both person's needs of a relationship in taking a soccer vacation in some great city or another, while still enjoying the great culture of said city.

Best of luck to you and yours!! :)

5. shsusoccer

shsusoccer New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Huntsville, TX

go see a premier league game- any teams will do. That would be the best soccer vacation ever.

6. Darknote2

Darknote2 New Member

Jun 2, 2003
    Pasadena
    Champions league in europe will be going on in Dec. Believe me, if he's fined out which team in europe is his favorite and get him there. After that the sky is the limit.

7. worldsoccer-Jeff

Mar 4, 2000
    Atlanta

Why are all the good ones taken?

8. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Re: Re: Soccer Vacations

the fact that she tried to plan a soccer honeymoon trip is unbelievable considering how much soccer she has to put up with. We decided to go to Jamaica so the soccer trip will have to wait.

9. Perugina

Perugina Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Grand Rapids MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're talking about MY kind of vacation

My poor husband has put up with my guise of "romantic getaways" for quite some time. He now actually enjoys soccer...well, at least live soccer ;)

I've dragged him to Italy, London, innaugeral WUSA final, MLS final (the same year), national team matches, and Fire matches. He's a trooper!

10. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Re: You're talking about MY kind of vacation

I wish I lived in your parallel universe.No offense, but did you used to be a man?